Not Shipping for Two Months?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Sounds like 'Future Hardware' to me. When was the last time Apple announced hardward with this long of a delay. That worries me a little.

P.S. - I actually think they look as good or better than my (now dethrowned) Quicksilver dual-1G.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Uh, isn't 6-8 weeks two months?

And if I know Apple it won't come with an updater CD, just a full version of X.2. When they released the X.1 update the hardware shipping just a couple weeks after all had X.1 full version CD.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    eskimoeskimo Posts: 474member
    Motorola is probably still trying to supply Apple with 1.25GHz chips in volume, accounting for the delay.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    actually, the thing that really surprised me about all this was that there would be such a long dely when every third party upgrade crew out there is getting their hands on 1Ghz chips now. seems a bit odd that they're able to produce those in such numbers, whereas a chip that's only 250 Mhz more won't be available for another two months.

is that normal?
  • Reply 4 of 5
    cubitcubit Posts: 846member
    Why not the Dual Cube? Two Cubes side-by side! That's my configuration, each driving a beautiful Cinema display and word-processing in English and Japanese like mad while surfing the net....