What i'ld like to see in Paris

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
1st post, woah!

Let me start off with a breif intro to my situation. Im a uni (college to all the US visitors) student who, as per the cliche`, doesnt have a large expendible income. I do an IT and Business course, and as such Ive lived with the windows world since grade 3 (before that was the Apple IIe's or something, long time ago). I recently got a 15GB iPod (which i love) ive seen the light side. With one of my friends doing graphics design, hes been doing the hard sell on a mac for years, but i never really took notice until i saw how much better apple just does things. So based on the above background information, this is what i'ld like to see unveiled at Paris.

New iMacs, stylish, low end G5's, and at a somewhat more affordable price. Im not asking for 128mb video cards, or 2 GB of ram... but something for the people, and even if the people dont know anything about comptuers, they know the bigger the numbers, the better (on everything but the price ). So what I hear all of you say, theres 15-million more threads on the iMac, go dream about the impossibile over there... Well, thats not all I want in Paris...

A new version of the hallowed cube. There, i've said it. I dont know what happened with the cube, as I wasnt a mac-ite back whenever it came out, but it is almost exactly what I believe mac needs (and what I want). From what I can gather the problem with the old one was that it was hella expensive to produce due to the ingenious design... So what if they can make one based on something slightly more conventional. Im not talking about a mini version of the PMG5's, but... actually I am.

Ive heard pizza box thrown around here and there... and I like the idea. Something that can sit flat under whatever display you want, apple, or not (thankyou dvi and included dvi to vga connector). Or possibily a remake of the cube, but have a single mobo, not warped around the walls (shuttle pc style).

I honestly believe that if apple offered a cubelike offering at a realistic price point, they'ld see like hotcakes. Hey, i dont need the huge hardware...

256 of ram

1.6 to 1.8 G5 with mobo

60 to 120 GB HD

64MB Vid Card [onboard... i dont mind with not being able to update it]

onboard sound [pc's get 5.1 now... im sure apple could swing it]

Firewire/USB 2.0

10/100 Network card

then allow options for bluetooth, more ram, and airport

Combo or Super drive, and PSU and you'ld be set. Now common apple, give it too us US$600 or US$700. Small margins, huge turnover... you know you wanna

Do you think they will? No. But I certainly wish they would.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    lemon bon bonlemon bon bon Posts: 2,383member
    Quote:

A new version of the hallowed cube. There, i've said it. I dont know what happened with the cube, as I wasnt a mac-ite back whenever it came out, but it is almost exactly what I believe mac needs (and what I want). From what I can gather the problem with the old one was that it was hella expensive to produce due to the ingenious design... So what if they can make one based on something slightly more conventional. Im not talking about a mini version of the PMG5's, but... actually I am.

Drooooooooooooooooooool.

Alu Cube... 3 models. All under the dual PowerMac.

iMac 3G. Where the eMac is.

Heaven.

Lemon Bon Bon