Both Macs speaks to me when ever I am here

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I don't know if this should belong in here or in feedback. Both my Powermac G4 and Powerbook G4 speak to me when ever I am here. It says," Say anything you want, and type anything you want." Or something like it. Do any of you incounter the same thing or something similar. I never touched my speaking thing in system prefrences to do this on both computers. I feel Tina came and hijacked my computers set voice and spoke that through there voice.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    thedustinthedustin Posts: 176member
    Your answers are here.

_thedustin
  • Reply 2 of 11
    I really hate that ad. I mean I really hate it. Is it legal to do that? Noise in an ad?

_thedustin
  • Reply 3 of 11
    quagmirequagmire Posts: 558member
    Sorry about that. Haven't been around lately. I am so happy that I am not alone. I think Kasper has gone too far with this ad stuff. It does say type anything you want right? Does that mean we can cuss? Certainly not. It is a sad attempt to get members to post and get guests to register and post. End it Kasper. I really liked this site when I came. Since this crap going on for 2 months I am almost postive that I am going to leave.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    toweltowel Posts: 1,479member
    PithHelment is your friend. Or Privoxy, if you aren't using Safari.
  • Reply 5 of 11
    I have no problems with non talking ads here. I hate it when I hear," Hi, I ,am tina." Or," Type anything blah blah blah." You are typing then you hear your computer was talking to me.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    Damn! I just noticed that ad for the first time just a few minutes ago. Freaked me out!

Someone needs to program Safari's PopUp Blocker to block that crap too. Off to see if Victoria can be strangled into silence in speech preferences, or at least see if I can make it speak as "Trinoids"

Nope. Oh well.
  • Reply 7 of 11
    I want that ad DEAD! I am leaving soon, not that I am much use around here anyway. I am sure I am not the only one.

_thedustin
  • Reply 8 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by thedustin

I want that ad DEAD! I am leaving soon, not that I am much use around here anyway. I am sure I am not the only one.

_thedustin

You are a big use here. Oh well see you at the other forum.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by quagmire

You are a big use here. Oh well see you at the other forum.

Tear...
  • Reply 10 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by thedustin

Tear...

As i said before I might leave to. I wonder how many people are going to celebrate my leaving. Well se you at an.
  • Reply 11 of 11
    There she is again. My bookmark bar just lost a button. Full time AN'er.

_thedustin