Entourage question

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Can you set up multiple versions of an email account so you can send on all of them, but then disable the rec'ing on all but one? That way, depending on where you're located, you can always send using that address, but you don't get multiple copies of the same message. Outlook allows you to turn rec'ing on and off, but I don't seem to see such an option in Entourage.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    There are two ways,

First, you could set up the "other" accounts without an incoming valid POP account.

OR

You could set them up properly, but do not include them in your "Check All" schedule. You can do this through the setup of the account itself by deselecting the appropriate checkbox, or by using the Tools/Schedules/Edit Schedules to disable the appropriate accounts selectively.

Luck

Quote:

Originally posted by Belvadere

Can you set up multiple versions of an email account so you can send on all of them, but then disable the rec'ing on all but one? That way, depending on where you're located, you can always send using that address, but you don't get multiple copies of the same message. Outlook allows you to turn rec'ing on and off, but I don't seem to see such an option in Entourage.

• Reply 2 of 2
    Yeah, a few days ago I did set it up as you described in your second suggestion. That seemed to work. Thanks for the response.