HP PSC750 compatable with Airport

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I'm considering installation of an Airport network. Does anyone know if my HP AIO PSC 750 will function thru the Airport USB port ? After checking the HP site - all they say is "maybe"

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    karrickkarrick Posts: 17member
    Quote:

Originally posted by jassd

I'm considering installation of an Airport network. Does anyone know if my HP AIO PSC 750 will function thru the Airport USB port ? After checking the HP site - all they say is "maybe"

I have both the HP PSC 750 All-In-One printer and two Airport Extreme base stations. (I have two APX bases because I take one with me on the road.) However, I did not connect the PSC 750 directly to the APX because the Airport Extreme base station does not have a built in scan server, and I wouldn't be able to scan using the PSC 750. You would still be able to print to the PSC 750 connected to the APX base station, but I want to be able to still scan.

But don't let this frighten you from getting an Airport base station. They are very reliable, and do a great job at both acting as a easy-to-configure router and an ever-ready print server. I hooked up a Brother HL-5140 laser printer to my APX, and the laser printer shows up in my Print dialog boxes in the Rendezvous category automatically. It's really quite nice, and requires zero configuration from my Macs. PC computers can even use the laser printer now that Apple has released Rendezvous for Windows 2000 and XP. They have an easy to use installer that enables you to find Rendezvous printers on your LAN. I have done this install and successfully printed to the APX laser from Windows XP.

I hope this helps,

Karrick