Will iMac achieve Cube classic status?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
With the news of a new form factor (well most likely) but definitely G5 iMac in September, will the current "sunflower" iMac fade into the sunset or become a collector's item?

Some of Apple's failed products such as the Cube, Lime Green iBook, and Dalmation Blue iMac, have become sought after items.

Granted, the FP iMac has sold in more quantities and perhaps not deemed a collectable.

But I sense, we won't ever see the likes of an the FP iMac ever again. It was such a mind blowing concept, beyond anyone's expectations. You could debate the aesthetic design(personally, I loved it), but there's no arguing the engineering marvel it is.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by satchmo

With the news of a new form factor (well most likely) but definitely G5 iMac in September, will the current "sunflower" iMac fade into the sunset or become a collector's item?

Some of Apple's failed products such as the Cube, Lime Green iBook, and Dalmation Blue iMac, have become sought after items.

Granted, the FP iMac has sold in more quantities and perhaps not deemed a collectable.

But I sense, we won't ever see the likes of an the FP iMac ever again. It was such a mind blowing concept, beyond anyone's expectations. You could debate the aesthetic design(personally, I loved it), but there's no arguing the engineering marvel it is.

I would say collectors item, just for the sheer weirdness of the g4 iMac.