Post All your iMac 3 Mockups here

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Or if youve got a real picture then post that too....

Comments

• Reply 1 of 484
    philbotphilbot Posts: 240member
    iMac 3

Just an idea...
  • Reply 2 of 484
    Quote:

Originally posted by philbot

iMac 3

Just an idea...

Looks a bit to much like the current design... I hope they kick it up a notch.
  • Reply 3 of 484
    ua2006ua2006 Posts: 84member
    Go to www.Applele.com This guy has some pictures of his renditions for the new iMac. He also has other interesting concepts.
  • Reply 4 of 484
    addisonaddison Posts: 1,185member
    Quote:

Originally posted by willcurrie

Looks a bit to much like the current design... I hope they kick it up a notch.

i quite like it I hate those loose speakers rolling around my desk.
  • Reply 5 of 484
    e1618978e1618978 Posts: 6,075member
    Like the hush PC:

http://www.hushtest.de/hushshop/shop...3d_stecker.jpg

Or a very small tower (10"x10"x3"), with the 10x10 sides covered with heatsinks.
  • Reply 6 of 484
    geobegeobe Posts: 235member
    Doesn't Appleinsider have one? Where is the picture of that?
  • Reply 7 of 484
    moazammoazam Posts: 136member

-M
  • Reply 8 of 484
    Is that the Sony Vaio AIO desktop?

Tried one in PC World.

Hmmm.

If that's the competition then the iMac 3 will be Return of King.

Lemon Bon Bon

PS. Could see using similar idea for eMac transition to LCD.
  • Reply 9 of 484
    Yeah, that is the Sony Vaio Z series. It looked alot better in the Wired magazine ad. The speaker lump at the base is kinda bleh. The monitor looks 14-15"...it would look better in widescreen 17" or so...

-M
  • Reply 10 of 484
    rolorolo Posts: 686member
    Well, here's my idea:

The CPU is behind the LCD and you can see a slot-loading SuperDrive on the upper right. Notice there's a cable going to a box. My idea is, instead of having ports on the back of the Mac itself, a single cable goes to a breakout box for power, modem, Ethernet, FireWire, and USB ports. That way, you don't have a bunch of spaghetti coming off the back. The cable would of course be longer so it can go to the floor. Sure would be neat.

Oh, and wireless keyboard and mouse add to the clean, clutter-free look.
  • Reply 11 of 484
    Holy shit, that's cool!
  • Reply 12 of 484
    Quote:

Originally posted by Rolo

My idea is, instead of having ports on the back of the Mac itself, a single cable goes to a breakout box for power, modem, Ethernet, FireWire, and USB ports. That way, you don't have a bunch of spaghetti coming off the back. The cable would of course be longer so it can go to the floor. Sure would be neat.

That's a pretty slick idea actually.

-M
  • Reply 13 of 484
    xterra48xterra48 Posts: 169member
    Rolo- I admire your CGI skills but no offense you stole my idea . Ok odds are that it is just a coincidence (hey great minds think alike ). Your design is slightly different than my idea but a very good pic. but the port box is very similar. I posted this in the "new imacs in sept. confirmed" thread on 7/4/2004.

Quote:

Base: A 17" display on a hinge similar to new monitors. CPU and ports on back, as well as disc drive parallel to the screen. Power flip to move the screen facing the ceiling, exposing ports and drive. Power flip down to the original position that the computer remembers.

Add: Connectivity box can connect to the computer through proprietary cable or wifi (more on that feature in a sec) and have many ports, ipod dock, flash memory card reader and maybe in a partnership with Kodak an easy share dock, maybe even more things I cant think of. With wifi you could put it in Your front hall or bedroom or anywhere , in an apartment this feature would be dumb, but in a house you don?t always head for your computer the first thing.

• Reply 14 of 484
    Quote:

Originally posted by xterra48

Rolo- I admire your CGI skills but no offense you stole my idea . Ok odds are that it is just a coincidence (hey great minds think alike ). Your design is slightly different than my idea but a very good pic. but the port box is very similar. I posted this in the "new imacs in sept. confirmed" thread on 7/4/2004.

It has to be the great minds think alike deal because I didn't see your post. I love the idea of a breakout box because it's so clean and simple. Apple has something like this on their new displays but this goes a step further.

I didn't mention how the stand works. Hinged top and bottom, the screen would have the same degree of adjustability as current iMacs. It just wouldn't swing side to side since you can just rotate the base for that.
  • Reply 15 of 484
    I like that concept picture alot rolo! looks worthy of a Mac, though the wireless keyboard and mouse standard may be pushing it a bit far (though it would be really cool, and braggin rights)... so they might just add the keyboard/mouse port at the base of the imac, somewhere near the back.

also, why is the shadow so elongated?
  • Reply 16 of 484
    http://personal.inet.fi/koti/saramaentie6/imac3.jpg

(bad photoshop mockup :-) )but this is my silly idea. only one cabel. :-)

20-inch iMac G5 1.4GHz $2,299.00

(17-inch iMac G5 1.4GHz $1,849.00)

?1680 by 1050 pixels (optimum resolution)

(like -> 20-inch Apple Cinema Display)

?NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 Ultra with 64MB DDR SDRAM (optional ATI RADEON 9600 XT with 128MB DDR SDRAM)

?256MB PC3200 (400MHz) Supports up to 2GB ( two slots)

?80GB Harddisk (SATA)(160, 250GB option)

?Superdrive 8X

?Bluetooth/APE

?Apple Wireless Keyboard and Mouse

?One FireWire 800 port, two FireWire 400 ports; three USB 2.0 ports; AGP 8X Pro slot with graphics card installed

?Built-in Pro Speakers (14 watts each) Internal 40-watt digital amplifier (internal Speakers can use only 28 watts)

?Optical digital audio input, optical digital audio output, analog audio input, analog audio output, headphone minijack and speaker

?Built-in 10/100/1000BASE-T Ethernet and 56K V.92 modem

?Compatible with VESA FDMI (MIS-D, 100, C) compliant mounting solutions (Requires optional Cinema Display VESA Mount Adapter (M9649G/A)

? Software: Mail, iChat, Safari, Sherlock, Address Book, QuickTime, iLife (includes iTunes, iPhoto, iMovie and iDVD), iSync, iCal, DVD Player, AppleWorks, Mac OS X Chess and Classic environment; Microsoft Internet Explorer, EarthLink (includes 30 days of free service), Quicken 2003 Deluxe, World Book 2003 Edition, Microsoft Office 2004 Test Drive, Tony Hawk?s Pro Skater 4, Deimos Rising and Sound Studio; Apple Hardware Test
  • Reply 17 of 484
    @homenow@homenow Posts: 998member
    I think that a better direction would be to build a base that has the computer in it, with a VESA compatible mount that could be used with any of the availiable Apple monitors. The motherboard could be mounted vertically in a base of similar design to that of the new display line, and HD and optical drived mounted in a thicker "foot" of the display. You might even be able to fit one of Apple's "protable" video cards in next to the HD. This would give Apple the ability to use the same components across lines, but easily exchange the dispay to meet the customer's needs. It would also increase their orders of the current design display, which should ring some cost savings in increased orders from thier suppliers.
  • Reply 18 of 484
    patrik_lpatrik_l Posts: 55member
    Quote:

Originally posted by xterra48

There's a small Danish company that's already stolen your ideas: http://www.bang-olufsen.com/web/beocenter2/
  • Reply 19 of 484
    tak1108tak1108 Posts: 222member
    Here is my mock up of what I hope the next iMac is:

I know there's a better image out there, but I couldn't find it.

• Reply 20 of 484
    Here are the back and side views of my model, above:

You can see the ventilation slots in the top and bottom of the chassis in the back view. Side view shows double-hinged support arm in two positions. Although I'm showing the chassis in plastic, it may well be metal.

I also like the idea of a separate CPU (headless iMac).

P.S. The reason for the elongated shadow in the original image above is because the light was too close. I moved it up in these shots.