"New" iPod release is Monday!

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Check this out !!!!

Apple is going to release the "New" iPod on Monday!

http://www.thinksecret.com/news/newipods.html

Comments

• Reply 1 of 59
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    If true, it might pull some of the demand away from the iPod Mini.
  • Reply 2 of 59
    Prob' stop iPod sales errosion.

Like the idea of all white with colour scroll wheel. Sassy beast.

LemonBonBon
  • Reply 3 of 59
    bborofkabborofka Posts: 230member
    So is the HP branded iPod going to look like the old one when it finally ships? That'd be lame.
  • Reply 4 of 59
    quagmirequagmire Posts: 558member
    Quote:

Originally posted by bborofka

So is the HP branded iPod going to look like the old one when it finally ships? That'd be lame.

What do you mean lame? It totally makes sense to let HP have 3g ipod and apple gets 4g. If apple and HP had the same generation sales could stagger with people not sure which brand to buy.
  • Reply 5 of 59
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by bborofka

Not if they could do 40 gb for $299
  • Reply 6 of 59
    ~ufo~~ufo~ Posts: 245member
    dang nothing about enhancements.....

like GPS..... GSM.......PDA......

what I really want is a device that does:

MUSIC - so it needs a harddisk or a least a few hundred megs of ram.

GSM - just basic call functions, there isn't much to it really is there?

PDA- well just callender and contact sync w/ iSync is fine

GPS- glob positioning is great to add to handhelds

Such a device would be absolutely fabulous to me and I bet many others.

On the move it's very handy even the gps, I get lost all the time....

Have a great dock for it in the car and off you go.

Music for in the car, handsfree phonecalls, spoken GPS (Fred anyone?)

What would be even great is live syncing....

I don't have a sercretary but wouldn't it be great if your handheld could sync to your schedule in near to real time? Someone calls in to your office to cancel or reschedule an apointment. Within a minute you get an update message on your handheld stating the changes.... You could add something to your agenda yourself and it would pop up on your secretary's desktop.

I know that apple is generally slow and even reluctant to do the all in one device thing.... But hey, they do preach the AIO desktop gospel now don't they?

Anyone know of devices that are getting there?
  • Reply 7 of 59
    ibook911ibook911 Posts: 607member
    I am furious (I saw that in a not completely serious way). I just ordered an ipod on Wednesday with engraving. I knew that engraving would be my downfall! Now I can't sell it to get a new ipod! This sucks!
  • Reply 8 of 59
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Quote:

Originally posted by KCOM2006

Apple is going to release the "New" iPod on Monday!

Cool. But all I can say is, they better frickin be available.
  • Reply 9 of 59
    Apple will not announce the new models through a press event, though Think Secret has learned that the announcement will be delivered through an out-of-the-ordinary publicity medium.

What is this all about?

• Reply 10 of 59
    Oh, wait a minute! The new iPods could be announced through the iTunes Music Store-that would fit the "non traditional" criteria but it would still be logical.
  • Reply 11 of 59
    xterra48xterra48 Posts: 169member
    Maybe buy a tv add and air it at 12:00 on every broadcaster in the nation. A sort of add that shows silowhetts and extreame closeups, maybe even a hint of the 3g imac and then at the end has a website. talk about intreaguing, the site would be jammed, the add rebroadcast as news! free publicity
  • Reply 12 of 59
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ~ufo~

what you want is not an iPod
  • Reply 13 of 59
    murkmurk Posts: 935member
    Quote:

Originally posted by NittanyLionTosh

Apple will not announce the new models through a press event, though Think Secret has learned that the announcement will be delivered through an out-of-the-ordinary publicity medium.

What is this all about?

I think it means that Mac OS Rumors will be making the announcement.
  • Reply 14 of 59
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    HP will have the new gen iPod. Do you think they'd accept "old design or technology"? Apple, incidentally, said that HP has no restrictions on where and how it can promote the HPod.

Also, Apple's manufacturer isn't going to run two different assembly lines with new and old designs. The new iPod will be slimmer because of major changes to the interior - an imbedded drive (rather then one with a clunky ribbon conncector) and probably a new size and shape battery. Indeed Apple will be happy to sell you a regular iPod if you can't wait for a mini. It is more profitable for them.
  • Reply 15 of 59
    ibook911ibook911 Posts: 607member
    Do you guys think there is anyway they will ship me the new ipod?

I ordered last Wednesday, but my estimated ship date isn't until next Friday. Apple.com says they have "upgrade protection," in which they *will* ship you the *current* version at the time of shipment.

Furthermore, they have the 10 day price protection, but I don't really care about othe price. I want the new ipod!!!

What do you guys think? I can't return it if I get the old one because I got engraving. I knew that engraving would come back to bite me.

I'm not trying to be a complainer, but I was curoius if you guys think there is anyway they will send me the new ipod since my estimate ship date isn't until next Friday?
  • Reply 16 of 59
    chris cuillachris cuilla Posts: 4,825member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ~ufo~

dang nothing about enhancements.....

like GPS..... GSM.......PDA......

Not going to happen. That's not an iPod. Frankly it would destroy the simplicity that is the iPod. And why do I want a GPS in my iPod anyway?
  • Reply 17 of 59
    chris cuillachris cuilla Posts: 4,825member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacsRGood4U

HP will have the new gen iPod. Do you think they'd accept "old design or technology"?

Maybe they will. Do you think HP cares? They care about making $. That's all.

They are going to sell them for cheaper than the Apple iPod. They want to sell millions and make millions. I can see this being the reason for the delay of the hPod. Perhaps because the agreement was for 3G...and waiting for Apple to release 4G.

Who knows. As long as the deal is still there...Apple/HP can sell millions of these things.
  • Reply 18 of 59
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    Chris. HP cares about the technology and they simply won't get last years model to sell. Your conclusion is somewhat puzzling. Also, how do you know they will charge less? Give us your source. It's a totally bizarre comment methinks.

P.S. HP only cares about making money? Duh. And Apple doesn't. HP is a very good company. They are, of the major PC makers (other then IBM) a highly techological one with many, many patents and innovations. You need to do some research and smell the truth, or roses, or whatever.
  • Reply 19 of 59
    HP will sell the 3rd gen iPod for 1 dollar. And they will come free with every Happy Meal. Seriously, who'd want them? They'll get the 4th gen iPod, just like Apple. Of course, I don't know why you'd want to buy an hPod when you could get an iPod. Hmmm.

Like I said before, I'm really hoping Apple adds some new features to the iPod. Bigger hard drives and shifting the buttons from place to place can only get you so far. It needs a color screen to sync with iPhoto and take your pics on the go!
  • Reply 20 of 59
    ua2006ua2006 Posts: 84member
    Who knows if this new iPod will have wireless capabilities and work with AirTunes. That would be nice. ThinkSecret's article also states a new iPod mini may be announced in August. Really doubt that.