Possessed keyboard

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hey all,

So I bought a new Apple Pro Keyboard about two weeks ago and it just went on the fritz today. I have it plugged in to the USB port behind my apple display and my mouse plugged into the keyboard. Well, all of the sudden the volume starts going up and down and the mouse pointer on the screen is blinking. So I shutdown, unplug the keyboard and I made sure that none of the keys are depressed. I have no idea what else to do, this didn't seem to help at all. But the weird part is that it is sporatic. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Brian

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Reinstall in the OS? You could always take it in(if you near a apple store, and see if it does anything there.Did you also try it on different ports?
  • Reply 2 of 4
    jwri004jwri004 Posts: 626member
    Holy water.

Can you try another keyboard to isolate if it is the keyboard or the system?
  • Reply 3 of 4
    dcmac32dcmac32 Posts: 67member
    I tried 3 different ports. One on the back of the tower, one on a hub, and one on the monitor. All make it go crazy. Also, I had an older keyboard that came with it and that one was when the troubled started so I bought a new one since I didn't have a plan. THen this one started. So I am thinking there is something bigger than my keyboard going on. Any thoughts?
  • Reply 4 of 4
    it's not the keyboard then, if it was doing it with another. It's either your systems IO, or system software.