The iTMS, close to home

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I have included it in my signature, but my good friends* have their new (and old) album now up I am wondering if anyone else here besides Amorph is involved or has friends involved with the smaller side of the iTunes Music Store.

Also of note, the 9/11 Commission has free stuff up at the iTMS.

Super coolness.

(I recommend their 2004 album, not the 2002 album. I am partial to "vice/versa" and "orphan Anthem '86", though it is a good album (much better than the first, much much better))

Let loose with the cool iTMS links to obscure music!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    I'm pals with Martin Schmidt (aka MC Schmidt), half of Matmos, avant-noise wunderkinds.

I don't know if they still count as the "small side" of iTMS, since they did most of the back-up on Bjork's Vespertine CD and played the opera houses of Europe with her on her last tour. Still, Martin is a great guy and he still has his day job, so give it a listen.

The linked (and their latest) CD, The Civil War, is highly uncharacteristic of their work so far, being semi-melodic and involving a fair number of live instruments. My favorite (and so far unavailable on iTMS) is the West, which has some elements of melody while still being nearly abstract,
  • Reply 2 of 3
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    As long as you are pals with them it is ok by me. I am not God controlling everything (but a boy can dream).

That's some weird shit, though.

The Civil War sounds good, I might be able to follow it for a while without getting scared for my life.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:

Originally posted by groverat

As long as you are pals with them it is ok by me. I am not God controlling everything (but a boy can dream).

That's some weird shit, though.

The Civil War sounds good, I might be able to follow it for a while without getting scared for my life.

It absolutely is some weird shit.