Did I get a good deal?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Ok, I have a 867MHz 12inch that I just bought for $600. It has a 60Gig HD and a Superdrive. Did I get a decent deal? The only thing wrong with it is that the latch on the screen portion is broken.(I believe it it completely gone). No scratches and it runs good. Any idea how much to get the latch fixed? I have a 500MHz Tibook with a bad display. Any chance I could take the latch from that?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    I'm gonna guess it's a powerbook since it has the superdrive. YUP that's a pretty dang good deal to me. I would get it in a heart beat if I had money
  • Reply 2 of 5
    ibook911ibook911 Posts: 607member
    That seems like a good deal. How much RAM does it have? If it lacks a great amount of RAM, you might want to add some.

It sounds like you have a machine that will perform nicely. The latch is a bummer, but maybe someone has some advice on that. Good luck and enjoy!
  • Reply 3 of 5
    It came with the standard 256 but I added a 512 stick of 333MHz I had lying around so now it has 640MB RAM. I is pretty cool. I do have a 1.5GHz 15inch Powerbook already but I need to pay off some bills and will sell that.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    quagmirequagmire Posts: 558member
    Quote:

Originally posted by GreggWSmith

It came with the standard 256 but I added a 512 stick of 333MHz I had lying around so now it has 640MB RAM. I is pretty cool. I do have a 1.5GHz 15inch Powerbook already but I need to pay off some bills and will sell that.

Sell the 12" or 15"?
  • Reply 5 of 5
    I will probably sell the 15 since I can get more for it. I would sell the 12 if I get a decent offer. I will get the latch fixed this week. I did not know you could get a 867MHz 12inch with a 60Gig HD.