Cheap NY accommodations?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Looking for a low cost hotel, or bed and breakfast for about 2 nights in November.

Nothing fancy, just a room with a shower would suffice.

Hopefully about $100/night

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    I'm guessing that November is off-peak tourist time (although I could be totally wrong), so you should be able to find decent accomodation for a bit less than $100 a night. Try hotels.com and orbitz.com and search for places in midtown or the upper west side. From visiting NYC before I moved here, I remember there being quite a few small, almost B&B sized places in the high 70s and 80s around Broadway and Amsterdam that had rooms for $70 a night or so.

The last time I had a group of friends in town, they stayed at the Union Square Inn. Not sure what the prices were like, but I think they were reasonable enough. It's supposed to be a nice place and is definitely in a great location.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:

Originally posted by satchmo

Looking for a low cost hotel, or bed and breakfast for about 2 nights in November.

Nothing fancy, just a room with a shower would suffice.

Hopefully about $100/night

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

The Time has pretty good deals and its right near times square... rooms are tiny though. But just priceline it... You can get good deals and name the area you want to be in.

have a good trip
  • Reply 3 of 3
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Well, the HoJo in Queens is pretty cheap.