The new iMac ! The Music Hub ?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Hi.

I think that the new iMac will feature iPod, iTunes integration more heavily than ever seen before.

- Real time Sound processing with Surrond Sound System.

Dedicated DSPs for Surround sound and

Airport Battery powered mini speakers for scatering around your iMac.

- Removable Airport "Magic Wand" !

A small B&O like remote controller for iTunes / Airport Express Bases.

- New software Named " Personal Itunes Music Store"

Integration with GarageBand.

Make your tunes and sell them on the net.

What else ? Name your own !

Me thinks...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    Quote:

Originally posted by nsousansousa

Hi.

I think that the new iMac will feature iPod, iTunes integration more heavily than ever seen before.

- Real time Sound processing with Surrond Sound System.

Dedicated DSPs for Surround sound and

Airport Battery powered mini speakers for scatering around your iMac.

- Removable Airport "Magic Wand" !

A small B&O like remote controller for iTunes / Airport Express Bases.

What else ? Name your own !

Me thinks...

That would be pretty cool. I have wanted to be able to drop itunes files into garage band and try my hand at remixes. Not for sale but for fun.

Might be a nice feature. As for the surround sound not a bad idea. Throw in lucasfilms THX and you have some cool integration.

hang the thing on the wall....ooh!
  • Reply 2 of 10
    bborofkabborofka Posts: 230member
    Quote:

[B]

/B]

You must be referring to this.

Your ideas sound like an interesting add-on possibility to the machine, but I think that's more than Apple can handle right now. They just need to get something out there that meets the price/performance "sweet spot" Fred was talking about. With no delays.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by bborofka

You must be referring to this.

Your ideas sound like an interesting add-on possibility to the machine, but I think that's more than Apple can handle right now. They just need to get something out there that meets the price/performance "sweet spot" Fred was talking about. With no delays.

So, a "bare bones" all in one G5 ?

I think you're probably right, but the iMac has to add something to the "all in one concept" and Music is the only thing that comes to my mind right now.

Either way, apart from the DSP and maybe the wireless speakers (which by the way, can be a add on , Extra bucks, Apple way :~)), the remote control and revamped software wouldn't add much to the cost...

I just want something other than the G5 I'm SURE I'm gonna get...

The iMac is still the one machine where "surprises/cool add-ons " can appear.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,419member
    The iMac is going to be unlike any other consumer computer.

It will look like a Cinema Display but with a thicker base. Although it has a built in 17" LCD it will come with DVI output that support spanning.

Airport technology will be built in but with a twist. The base of the iMac will contain a small digital amplifier that puts out 20 watts rms x4. Standard line level output will be available for powered speakers. The amp will power LCR speakers. The iMac will come with left and right speakers and subwoofer powered by the digital amp but the center channel will be optional as well as active rear surround speakers that are airport enabled. So for say an additional $149 you will be able to purchase the center channel and surrounds to complete your 5.1 surround system with the rear surrounds being wireless.

Games that support OpenAL surround will rock on these speakers as well as the future AAC multichannel songs soon to be available on iTMS version 2.

The iMac will have one PCI card slot and there will be a BTO for an ATI HDTV tuner. This will be big for college students and anyone that wants to watch television on their Mac(The monitor spanning will allow you to use a second montor for the video).

People are going to eat this computer up.

edit fixed LCD size and added wireless. Thanks NV and N
  • Reply 5 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by hmurchison

It will look like a Cinema Display but with a thicker base. Although it has a built in 14" LCD it will come with DVI output that support spanning.

14" ???? Where does that come from?
  • Reply 6 of 10
    jousterjouster Posts: 460member
    Quote:

Originally posted by NovaVengeance

14" ???? Where does that come from?

I gotta agree. A 14" screen seems about as likely in the iMac3 as a 6502....I mean, why on Earth would they use this size?
  • Reply 7 of 10
    You do this just to upset my sleeping schedule, don't you? You people have no regard of other Mac lovers need to SLEEP AT NIGHT!!!!! SHAME ON YOU!

on second thought....KEEP TALKING - I was awake anyway....
  • Reply 8 of 10
    @homenow@homenow Posts: 998member
    Quote:

...It will look like a Cinema Display but with a thicker base. Although it has a built in 17" LCD it will come with DVI output that support spanning....

Has Apple ever had a consumer computer that supported spanning? I thought they considered that a pro feature and thus "turned it off" on their consumer computers through firmware.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    Quote:

It will look like a Cinema Display but with a thicker base. Although it has a built in 17" LCD it will come with DVI output that support spanning.

Airport technology will be built in but with a twist. The base of the iMac will contain a small digital amplifier that puts out 20 watts rms x4. Standard line level output will be available for powered speakers. The amp will power LCR speakers. The iMac will come with left and right speakers and subwoofer powered by the digital amp but the center channel will be optional as well as active rear surround speakers that are airport enabled. So for say an additional $149 you will be able to purchase the center channel and surrounds to complete your 5.1 surround system.

Games that support OpenAL surround will rock on these speakers as well as the future AAC multichannel songs soon to be available on iTMS version 2.

The iMac will have one PCI card slot and there will be a BTO for an ATI HDTV tuner. This will be big for college students and anyone that wants to watch television on their Mac(The monitor spanning will allow you to use a second montor for the video).

People are going to eat this computer up.

edit fixed LCD size. Thanks NV

YEAH !!!!!

Just make the speakers wireless !!!

How bout my B&O speaker remote ???
  • Reply 10 of 10
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,419member
    Quote:

YEAH !!!!!

Just make the speakers wireless !!!

How bout my B&O speaker remote ???

Crap I forgot to add that. Yes indeed the speakers have to be wireless. That's one of the benefits of digital amps. They can accept a digital input to amplify and convert to analog just before the speaker. This really is going to be the wave of the future because digital amps convert %75 of power into usable signal the waste is small and since you can keep the signal digital until we hit the speaker jacks you could encrypt along this hole path if you wanted to.