THPS4 Help...

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I was wondering if there was a way to play Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4 on my Powerbook. I transferred the game from my emac, but it will not play because it needs the cd. Unfortunately, the game came pre-installed on the emac, (there is no standalone thps4 cd) so is there a way to play the game without the cd? I sure hope so, because it would be fun to play while riding in the car on vacation.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    jambojambo Posts: 3,036member
    The copy of THPS 4 which came with your eMac is licensed only for use on your eMac, attempting to transfer it to another machine would be stealing.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    cubs23cubs23 Posts: 324member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jambo

The copy of THPS 4 which came with your eMac is licensed only for use on your eMac, attempting to transfer it to another machine would be stealing.

That is what I thought, but I think that is'nt fair, that would be like paying for iTunes music once for each computer you own, and to me that is not cool, (which is why it is not that way.) Too bad it is not that way for other things. Oh well, I can still watch movies.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    That's odd. My work iMac came with the THPS, but the CD was included. Since that's not really appropriate work software I moved it over to my Powerbook. But even then it seems to require an external keyboard, so maybe there is some effort to keep the game from spreading?
  • Reply 4 of 4
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    Yeah, the ibook/emac licensed version is a specialized version that only works on them. It is pretty lame though, but I guess they are more worried with people copying it onto OTHER peoples Powerbooks and the like.