Powerbook & iBook Battery Q

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I see there are several threads about people deciding between the two, and I'm in the same boat, so I apologize for another "iBook or PB?" thread.

Battery Life is paramount, I hear 5+ hours is average for the iBook, what about the 12" PB? I'm going to be typing reports and doing internet research for school on it, and I might not always be able to get to a power adapter.

Im leaning towards the PB because of the asthetics, and I'm worried because the iBook is all white I'll get it filthy quickly.

Thanks for any help

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    quagmirequagmire Posts: 558member
    I can get 4 hours out of the powerbook. That is with ae card on, constantly using it.(when I stopped using it it jumped to 4 hours and 30 minutes) I went to energy saver and set it to longest battery life. I turned down the screen brightness as well.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    the iBook will get longer battery life and the white won't really get "dirty looking" except perhaps the keyboard although your usage may be different.

Powerbook is certainly the nicer laptop but get what you can afford and what fits your needs better. If battery life is paramount get the iBook or a Powerbook with 2 batteries maybe
  • Reply 3 of 4
    I'd agree, 2 batteries would be the way to go if you are worried about battery life. You may get 4 hours off the bat, but 6 months or so down the road, the batter will get less life out of it. After 18 months in my old tiBook I was down to half an hour.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    It all depends on what software you are using for writing. If you are doing your work in Word, be prepared for it to suck your (battery's) life away. If you're using TextEdit or other lightweight program, your battery life will be much better.