Getting a Powerbook G4. How can I identify the revision?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I'm a few weeks away from buying a Powerbook G4 (still haven't decided between the 15" and 17" models).

Since I live in Argentina there's no way I can order one from the Apple store's website without paying hefty shipping and custom charges, so I have to resource to the local Apple Authorized Retailer. I've been reading quite a lot about this gorgeous peace of equipment, and along the way I've come across some articles regarding issues with the first revisions, specially white spots, dead pixels and latch issues. I know most of them were vanished in later revisions, so that's why I need help.

What are the latest revision and/or model numbers for the 15" and 17" Powerbooks? How can I identify them? Any other recommendations?

Hope someone can help me a bit, I'm so anxious to get one!!!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    thedustinthedustin Posts: 176member
    go here. I have a Rev. A 17" 1ghz. the processor speed will tell you what revision.

Click more info for, uh, more info.

_thedustin
  • Reply 2 of 5
    thedustinthedustin Posts: 176member
    I don't know the model numbers off the top of my head. But they will end in A, B, etc. representing the rev. version.

_thedustin
  • Reply 3 of 5
    luchidluchid Posts: 3member
    Thanks for the info guys.

Which revisions should I steer away from?
  • Reply 4 of 5
    You would want the latest revision which is Rev C. If you go into Apple Profiler it will tell you all the information about the computer as well.

[edit for picture of Rev. C PowerBook thanks to a friend of mine C.L.]

• Reply 5 of 5
    luchidluchid Posts: 3member
    Thanks again