Can't do any browser downloads??

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
When I use Explorer or Safari and go to any web site where I could download a software or an update and click on the download button, it starts and three seconds later it pops back to it's download page. It just won't do it. It just stays at it's original download page. This has been going on for a few months. I have to get a friend to do my downloads for me.????

I use TechTool Pro 4 and do permissions regularly

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    gsxrboygsxrboy Posts: 565member
    I sounds like a download manager like speed download is grabbing the d/l perhaps and saving it itself in the background? have you tried option kliking the d/l link to force a save or a contextual menu save link ?
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:

Originally posted by gsxrboy

I sounds like a download manager like speed download is grabbing the d/l perhaps and saving it itself in the background? have you tried option kliking the d/l link to force a save or a contextual menu save link ?

Thanks for your response.It reminded me of something I did a couple months back. I had Speed Download and uninstalled it, but forgot to look for those left over residue's of it. I did a find for download and found another 8 items for it. Trashed them, did disk doctor, TechToolPro, repaired permissions and rebooted the computor. Tried a few of those downloads and every thing seams back to normal again. Yahoo.

8)