Airport Extreme Problem

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I have a Airport Extreme base station that connects to the internet via the modem. About every other time will either not connect to the internet or not have the option to go online. I have to reset the base station, and every once in a while it will not show up in Airport Admin Utility so I have to push the button on the back to reset it.

I have all the latest updates for the base station and my computer. I am using a 15" 1.25ghz powerbook G4.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    dage007dage007 Posts: 320member
    did you just reset it or did you do a hard reset? I had the same problem with mine and I called apple and there suggestion was a hard reset. Hold it for at least 10 seconds maybe 15 to make sure.

That should do it.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by ericeason

I have a Airport Extreme base station that connects to the internet via the modem. About every other time will either not connect to the internet or not have the option to go online. I have to reset the base station, and every once in a while it will not show up in Airport Admin Utility so I have to push the button on the back to reset it.

I have all the latest updates for the base station and my computer. I am using a 15" 1.25ghz powerbook G4.

Config questions:

Is your Network system preference for Airport (on the laptop) set to "Using DHCP" or something else? If so, what? I ask because if you can see your Airport network, but not connect to the internet, it could suggest a problem with your IP addressing. Lemme know.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    dage007dage007 Posts: 320member
    Do you have an airport card from apple? Or something else maybe from linksys or d-link etc...?

let me know

Dave
  • Reply 4 of 4
    I have done hard and soft resets and unplugged it for awhile. In the system preferences it does use DHCP. I am using the Airport Extreme card that came with the computer. I am pretty sure it is not something with the network settings because I can usually connect to the internet fine, but the option to have the modem connect to the internet does not show up.