Windows Browser?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I'm stuck with a PC at work, and I'm trying out Firefox right now. Not bad so far, but it seems a little less responsive than IE. Is Firefox a good choice for someone who adores Safari?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    rara Posts: 623member
    It's a good choice in that it's better than IE. It doesn't support ActiveX (or something) so you won't get stupid malware on your PC.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    cakecake Posts: 1,010member
    Firefox or Mozilla are your best bets on a PC (both have security updates posted today - Go there now!).

There's Opera, but the days of paying for a browser are a decade gone (donate to Mozilla.org instead!).

IE should only be used when you need to click on Windows Update.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    banchobancho Posts: 1,517member
    Mozilla satisfies all my PC browsing needs (except at work where tha bastards insist on IE )
  • Reply 4 of 6
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Cake

Firefox or Mozilla are your best bets on a PC (both have security updates posted today - Go there now!).

There's Opera, but the days of paying for a browser are a decade gone (donate to Mozilla.org instead!).

IE should only be used when you need to click on Windows Update.

Opera's free (or at least there's a free download available on http://www.opera.com/
  • Reply 5 of 6
    joeyjoey Posts: 236member
    Well... there is a free version of Opera with a giant banner ad... you have to buy it to get the "ad-free" version. Firefox is slow to start... but is fairly responsive as a browser once opened. It's clean and isn't integrated into every nook and cranny of the OS like IE is. It's always good to have a few browser options. I personally just can't get into Opera... I can't quite put my finger on it... it just doesn't seem very intuitive.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    k squaredk squared Posts: 608member
    Just switched to Firefox yesterday and I like it much more than IE. No more popups and annoying dialog boxes everywhere. Best of all: I have tabs back.