My new toy

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I just paid about $200 for an underwater housing for my Fuji F420 digital camera. 40 meters. I can't wait to go diving, though I'll never go that deep. Does anyone else take underwater digital shots? I also can't wait to take pics of my girlfriend at the pool. Too bad she's not THAT much of an exhibitionist. Enough of one to wear a small string bikini but that's the limit.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    ah, i wish i had one. I was kayaking in Maine and flipped......my canon s40 was with me......it died.

very sad. I also lost my cellphone and the remote keyless entry broke on my keys. guess i'm an idiot for thinking i wouldnt flip over.

My girlfriend just told me she bought me a new camera though. a Canon S410...... nice camera. They have an underwater case but they sure are expensive. I think next time I'll leave it out of the boat and if I want to take underwater pics I'll just buy one of those disposable ones. You just can't go very deep with them.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    reidreid Posts: 190member
    Quote:

Originally posted by applenut

My girlfriend just told me she bought me a new camera though. a Canon S410...... nice camera. They have an underwater case but they sure are expensive.

I've got the S400, and my sister has an S230 with the underwater housing. We used it on a recent snorkling excursion in the Bahamas. What a blast! It took great shots and was incredibly easy to operate. Yes, the housing is pretty expensive, but it deserves to be. Complete protection of the camera, with complete access to all functionality. And those Digital ELPHs are awesome little cameras!