iCal for PC?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
It looks like I'll have to do without my PowerBook for a week or so at some point, as it needs to go back to Apple to have the catch looked at. So, I'll have to just use my PC for a bit. I should be fine in most cases - with the exception of two. First is mail, but I should be able to just use something like Mozilla Thunderbird for that, no? The second is iCal. Here, I can only think of two options - using my iPod (not ideal), or getting a PDA (also not ideal).

So, my question. Is there a bit of software that I can use on the PC that can view, and edit, data I've put into iCal?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    mmmpiemmmpie Posts: 628member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mike Peel

like Mozilla Thunderbird for that, no? The second is iCal.

So, my question. Is there a bit of software that I can use on the PC that can view, and edit, data I've put into iCal?

I use thunderbird, its solid, but not inspired. The mail client in opera is supposed to be very good, but I dont want to have a browser hanging off of it.

As for ical, the calendars are in ICS [?] format, which is the typical calendar format. There are plenty of calendar programs on the PC which at least support importing ICS files.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    You can also use the extension to FireFox ( Mozilla's Webbrowser ), or download SunBird, which is a calendar stand-alone version of the one for inside FireFox.

http://www.mozilla.org

Search for calendar.

I have been using both and downloaded a bunch of Apple's shared calendars into it, too. It supports .ics format just fine.

Michael