Buy? Wait? Help...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
After spending far too long with a PC (three years!!), it's time for me to come back to the Apple world.

I'm especially interested in either the dual 2.0GHz G5 or the dual 2.5 GHz G5, but I'm not sure if now is the right time to buy.

I mean, is the price going to drop significantly (if at all) after the release of the G5 iMac's? Is it stupid to make a purchase now?

If I should wait, how long should I wait? I really don't know how much longer I can deal with this Windoze BS...

Also, if you'd care to offer any insight as to whether or not the 2.0 or the 2.5 is going to be the better route, that'd be great. The thing will be subjected to lots of design applications (think the full Adobe Creative Suite and then some) and some meager video and music editing tasks. I'm thinking that the 2.0 will do just fine with a few gigs of RAM and an upgraded video card in it, but I also wonder if I shouldn't just cowboy up to the big one...

Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    if you need it, buy it. if or when there is any release, it will in any case follow the murphy's law.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Okay... That's sort of what I had figured.

As far as the 2.0's or the 2.5's: Go big or go home or, alternately, it's taking a sledgehammer to swat a fly -- I don't know exactly which one it is in this situation.

If anyone has any insight, it would be greatly appreciated.