10.3.5 in Software Update

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
10.3.5 is now on Software Update

Here are the release notes.

The 10.3.5 Update delivers enhanced functionality and improved reliability for Mac OS X v10.3 "Panther" and is recommended for all users.

Key enhancements include:

- improved support for NTFS formatted volumes

- improves reliability for user logins and mounting of home directories in a networked environment

- updated ATI and NVIDIA graphics drivers

- improved Bluetooth compatibility for Apple Wireless Keyboard and Mouse and Bluetooth phones

- additional FireWire and USB device compatibility

- improved font management

- updated Mail and Image Capture applications

- improved compatibility for third party applications

- previous standalone security updates

For detailed information on this Update, please visit this website: http://www.info.apple.com/kbnum/n25791

For detailed information on Security Updates, please visit this website: http://www.info.apple.com/kbnum/n61798

Comments

• Reply 1 of 37
    Build number?

7M32?
  • Reply 2 of 37
    foadfoad Posts: 717member
    Build number - 7M34
  • Reply 3 of 37
    jmt9jmt9 Posts: 5member
    Has anyone noticed any speed improvements with this release, specifically Open GL stuff on Powerbook G4s?. I'm interested to see how this update goes as the last OS X update (10.3.4) made my graphics sloooooooow down. I'm hoping this one will speed them back up
  • Reply 4 of 37
    Installed on 1.33 12" PB ... it has fixed the iSync/P900 problem, thankfully.
  • Reply 5 of 37
    bborofkabborofka Posts: 230member
    Quote:

Originally posted by foad

- additional FireWire and USB device compatibility

Still no support for my Motorola V400 in iSync or the Finder (yet it shows up in System Profiler) Why did I buy this stupid phone and USB cable?
  • Reply 6 of 37
    kim kap solkim kap sol Posts: 2,987member
    Quote:

Originally posted by bborofka

Still no support for my Motorola V400 in iSync or the Finder (yet it shows up in System Profiler) Why did I buy this stupid phone and USB cable?

Why did you? Did someone tell you they worked well? You should probably slap that person.
  • Reply 7 of 37
    piwozniakpiwozniak Posts: 815member
    Quote:

Originally posted by audiopollution

Installed on 1.33 12" PB ... it has fixed the iSync/P900 problem, thankfully.

U N B E L I E V A B L E

I think you're right, but i had to reboot my phone...
  • Reply 8 of 37
    Quote:

Originally posted by piwozniak

U N B E L I E V A B L E

I think you're right, but i had to reboot my phone...

I don't care what else 10.3.5 fixes, this was the only thing I was hoping for! The moment that I'd rebooted the powerbook, after installing the update, I was re-pairing the phone and checking iSync.

Thank you, to the bluetooth-monkey at Apple for fixing whatever they broke in 10.3.4.
  • Reply 9 of 37
    Quote:

Originally posted by kim kap sol

Why did you? Did someone tell you they worked well? You should probably slap that person.

I just expected Apple would support this very popular line of phones in the near future, the V300, V400 (both USB) and V600 (Bluetooth). They support a whole slew of other Motorola phones. People looking to get their V-series phones working in OS X are screwed.
  • Reply 10 of 37
    gabidgabid Posts: 477member
    Quote:

Originally posted by bborofka

I just expected Apple would support this very popular line of phones in the near future, the V300, V400 (both USB) and V600 (Bluetooth). They support a whole slew of other Motorola phones. People looking to get their V-series phones working in OS X are screwed.

There's always the rumoured iSync 1.5 update to look forward to. Maybe that will help somewhat. Mind you, it will be very interesting (and probably slightly painful) to see which devices have syncing problems once Tiger appears with its new sync engine.
  • Reply 11 of 37
    dstranathandstranathan Posts: 1,717member
    New Active Directory Plug-in: Version 1.0.4 now.
  • Reply 12 of 37
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gabid

There's always the rumoured iSync 1.5 update to look forward to. Maybe that will help somewhat. Mind you, it will be very interesting (and probably slightly painful) to see which devices have syncing problems once Tiger appears with its new sync engine.

iSync 1.5? Maybe it will finally allow my phone (and the other V-series) to sync with Address Book and iCal, but I also want to be able to manage my phone's memory. It's got 5MB and can play mp3 ringtones, it also stores pictures taken with its built-in camera. If only OS X could mount it like a Nokia. Until then, I'm stuck with boring polymorphic tones and spending $.25 to send pictures to my email address.

Quote:

New Active Directory Plug-in: Version 1.0.4 now.

Woohoo! Now if only we could figure out how to integrate Macs into my school's domain... Still need some schema
  • Reply 13 of 37
    piwozniakpiwozniak Posts: 815member
    P900 my a$$...

Turn off bluetooth, then turn it back on...

GPRS access, ...what gprs access

address book ....not a chance, at this point i don't even want to try iSync.

please stop reading now.

FU@@ !!!, ##@@$ ^%$$##% ***** ! what a piece of #$%##% sh&& !!!

...bastards, BAAAASTARDS!!!

\ 8)

P.S.

Salling Cliker works as always, apple+sonyericsson guys, you can all collectively kiss my a .

Kudos to Jonas.

i'm selling this gizmo-wonder and getting either Nokia 5140+GPS, or siemens M65 + lots of beers.
  • Reply 14 of 37
    arty50arty50 Posts: 201member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gabid

Mind you, it will be very interesting (and probably slightly painful) to see which devices have syncing problems once Tiger appears with its new sync engine.

I have a V600, and I've painfully come to realize that we probably won't get support until Tiger comes out. Why? The VXXX phones all use SyncML (an open standard btw), which won't be supported until Tiger.

I'll just have to use OnSync until then. Which makes you wonder, if a small developer can pull off contact syncing with this phone, what's Apple been up to? I love my phone, but the lack of iSync support really sucks.
  • Reply 15 of 37
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Quote:

Originally posted by jmt9

Has anyone noticed any speed improvements with this release, specifically Open GL stuff on Powerbook G4s?. I'm interested to see how this update goes as the last OS X update (10.3.4) made my graphics sloooooooow down. I'm hoping this one will speed them back up

I had the game "Return of the King" and it became unplayable with 10.3.4. After installing 10.3.5, I tried it again, and it's back to the way it was with 10.3.3 (or at least back to being playable again). This is on an 800 Mhz PowerBook. That's the only game I've tried, but I assume it was the same issue that was affecting all the other games.

I'd be interested in hearing if it helped others.
  • Reply 16 of 37
    Quote:

Originally posted by Arty50

I have a V600, and I've painfully come to realize that we probably won't get support until Tiger comes out. Why? The VXXX phones all use SyncML (an open standard btw), which won't be supported until Tiger.

Where did you hear this?
  • Reply 17 of 37
    After updating to 10.3.5, clicking on the finder icon in the dock no longer activates a new window (if none are open). This worked in all previous versions of OSX.
  • Reply 18 of 37
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aussie John

After updating to 10.3.5, clicking on the finder icon in the dock no longer activates a new window (if none are open). This previously worked in all previous version of OSX.

Still does it for me.
  • Reply 19 of 37
    hmmm maybe I will restart
  • Reply 20 of 37
    I take all that back- works now