buying computers on ebay

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
how do you know who to trust. i'm looking for an original imac for my parents

edit. for example one, i'm interested in is a one day auction

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    usally someone with alot of positive feedback is someone you can trust. But good sellers all have to start out at 1. If you pay with paypal your guarenteed upto 500 dollars back. I've bought a couple of computers and various parts from a bunch of different people. It's a pretty safe place to buy/
  • Reply 2 of 5
    banchobancho Posts: 1,517member
    I think the ones with cheapest prices on new models and shipping from eastern Europe are best.

ok, ok! I'm kidding. Be careful out there and if anything seems too good to be true...
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Ebay Stores are very trustworthy.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    As someone who's sold three laptop computers on Ebay, I'll just say I had to work pretty hard to get the sales.

If someone writes, the seller should write back quickly and in clear english.

The seller should have positive feedback and should be willing to use just about any payment method. If I'm selling you a computer, I shouldn't be picky about how you want to give me your money.

At least some positive feedback is really helpful.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    g4dudeg4dude Posts: 1,016member
    As a seller and as someone who has considered buying computers on eBay, here's some advice. EBay is overpriced. I've bee nseeing 1.0ghz eMacs going for $900. I sold an old iBook for $500 more than I paid for it. If you want a good rip off, then eBay is your place.