G5 is Possessed

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Just got my G5 (2.5, ATI 9800XT), first one eventhough I'm a graphic designer. Anyway, I left it on before I went to sleep and it went into sleep mode I guess, it basically turned off and the screen shut down. A little while later though as I was watching TV trying to fall asleep it just up and turned itself back on! Is this normal? I haven't really even turned it on in a few days because I've been too busy to play around on it so I don't know if it will happen again. I'll turn it on tonite but thought I'd ask the community if this is common or not unheard of.

Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    OS-X 10.3.5 has some issues with dual G5 machines and sleep mode. Just shut it down for now until Apple releases a patch. Also, technical queries belong in the Genius Bar forum.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Sorry for posting in the wrong section. But, I have 10.3.4. so I don't think it's a problem with my OS. Any other thoughts. I saw something in the Energy Saver settings that says "Wake for ethernet administrator access". Could that have been the culprit?

Thanks again!