1ghz G4 iBook 14"

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Well I've had my iBook for a week now, and have recently moved off to college. Just today I noticed a white spot in the lower left corner of the screen. It reminds me a lot of the Photoshop dodge tool, as it gives off a white blur. I've moved windows of different colours into the corner and it still behaves like the dodge tool. I've restarted and shut down, but it hasn't made a difference. Any advice?

Also, the fan seems to be running all the time (at least I think it's the fan, since everybody elses laptop I hear is almost completely quiet). Is there an option I should be toggling somewhere, since from what I've read the fan only rarely comes on and that is when the computer is getting over heated. Right now the fan is on from the moment I press the power button to the moment I shut down the computer or put it to sleep.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Anyone have an idea? Thanks in advance.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    derevderev Posts: 64member
    Quote:

Originally posted by RedDingo

Anyone have an idea? Thanks in advance.

If it's only a couple of weeks old, you should contact AppleCare Support or go to an Apple Store genius Bar (if there's one close). Also, if your state allows it (Florida does NOT) you should buy the extended AppleCare 3 year warranty. At about $600 a pop it would pay for itself with just one incident.

derev
  • Reply 3 of 3
    derevderev Posts: 64member
    Quote:

Originally posted by derev

If it's only a couple of weeks old, you should contact AppleCare Support or go to an Apple Store genius Bar (if there's one close). Also, if your state allows it (Florida does NOT) you should buy the extended AppleCare 3 year warranty. At about $600 a pop it would pay for itself with just one incident.

derev

"At about $600 a pop it would pay for itself with just one incident."

I meant-

The going rate for Apple to look inside your machine (out of warranty) is about $600. AppleCare 3 year plan is ballpark $200-300 depending on the machine.

ps: I do not work for Apple and generally oppose ALL extended warranties. Unfortunately, history shows that the moment you don't is the moment you wish you had...