Pre-Blackout Old-Timers

Comments

• Reply 101 of 163
    targontargon Posts: 103member
    I registered Dec 98, i guess that puts me in 'old skool' picnic basket too.

Highlights were kimkapsol lol 'dope as shit' some freaks just couldn't figure out some of his street slang :-) (MaDToOl as well?)

Phillip McDurrough the old skool NeXT guy, whom i remember from the Mac Reality days (before Appleinsider and Macnn).

JLL-Very Knowledgeable and all round clever guy.

Infinite Jester-crack up...sledged a few carbon coders badly haha funny

foofoo rabbit- who i thought was kimkapsol

Dorsal- the G4 Prototype insider ;-)

Some great times back then even in the darkest days.
  • Reply 102 of 163
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mac o' the Isles

Installer. It's yoursel'! How are you? Whit's happening? Have you brought Kate and Doc Cyber wi' you? It's just like auld times. Any word o' Steve?

Hey, Mac o'

I am fine. Still aroond doin' the same thing(s). Good to see/hear you

Kate... Ah... Those, indeed, were the days

Steve? He is in a world of his own these days...

How's the wifie? I do hope that you have her under control now

You seem to have lost all your posts?

- T. I.
  • Reply 103 of 163
    Installer auld pal! I am glad you are well and prosperous and groovy as ever.

I lost a' my posts somwhere doon the long and winding road that threeds it's way frae AI's distinguished past tae the present. Anyway - poor as I am in posts I count mysel' rich beyond measure tae be back in such auspicious company and in such interesting times. Intel! Who'd hae thought it?

I am wanting one o' those new chips installed in the abovementioned wife. The one that's working her jist noo has proved tae be a technological deid end, prone tae overheating and fiery outbursts. In fact - maybe I should jist upgrade tae a newer model altaegither and hae done wi' it!

Yours, etc, etc

Mac o' the Isles
  • Reply 104 of 163
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Installer auld pal! I am glad you are well and prosperous and groovy as ever.

I lost a' my posts somwhere doon the long and winding road that threeds it's way frae AI's distinguished past tae the present. Anyway - poor as I am in posts I count mysel' rich beyond measure tae be back in such auspicious company and in such interesting times. Intel! Who'd hae thought it?

Mac o' the Isles

You may have lost your posts, but you did not lose your title, Sir.
  • Reply 105 of 163
    Powerdoc!

How are you?

I was always known on AI (in the early years at least) as just Mac o' the Isles. Her Majesty's Knighthood came a wee bit later on - immediately efter the Great Blackout I think.

I believe there was some dispute as tae the authenticity o' my rise tae the nobility, but I posted a picture on Leonis' (formerly Zo's) gallery showing incontrovertable Photoshop proof o' the event.

Since we seem tae be indulging in a wee bit nostalgia here I thocht it appropriate tae be just Mac o' the Isles again.

Your humble servant

(Sir) Mac
  • Reply 106 of 163
    Quote:

Powerdoc!

How are you?

I was always known on AI (in the early years at least) as just Mac o' the Isles. Her Majesty's Knighthood came a wee bit later on - immediately efter the Great Blackout I think.

I believe there was some dispute as tae the authenticity o' my rise tae the nobility, but I posted a picture on Leonis' (formerly Zo's) gallery showing incontrovertable Photoshop proof o' the event.

Since we seem tae be indulging in a wee bit nostalgia here I thocht it appropriate tae be just Mac o' the Isles again.

Your humble servant

(Sir) Mac

I am fine, thanks

I remember your nice red bearded pic quite well. Knighthood or not, you will be always welcome here. Mac of the Isles is nice for me.
  • Reply 107 of 163
    I confess to feeling strangely moved, reading all these exchanges amongst (old) AI'ers...

- T. I.
  • Reply 108 of 163
    crazychestercrazychester Posts: 1,339member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Powerdoc

You may have lost your posts, but you did not lose your title, Sir.

You bastard! You made me wait to 1,000. You goddamn, treacherous, French bastard! And then you wouldn't let me have "Administrator". Not even in French. Thought you'd throw me off with that "I will confer a special title on you, Chester" line. Yeah, right.

This slight will not be forgotten. You'll keep.
  • Reply 109 of 163
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    Sir Mac'O is back! Aye matey!!! Shiver me timbers (or whatever that is....)
  • Reply 110 of 163
    Zo! How are you doing? So mony auld acquaintances! What happened tae the members' album?

Quote:

Aye matey!!! Shiver me timbers (or whatever that is....)

Ye are obviously thinking o' Mac o' the Seven Seas Blackbeard there; my piratical ancestor.
  • Reply 111 of 163
    Quote:

Zo! What happened tae the members' album?

Yeah, what happened to it?

- T. I.
  • Reply 112 of 163
    Quote:

Originally posted by crazychester

You bastard! You made me wait to 1,000. You goddamn, treacherous, French bastard! And then you wouldn't let me have "Administrator". Not even in French. Thought you'd throw me off with that "I will confer a special title on you, Chester" line. Yeah, right.

This slight will not be forgotten. You'll keep.

I must confess that I canno't resist to this nice barrels of wisky coming from Scotlands ...
  • Reply 113 of 163
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Well history is nothing but burned bridges over running water.

Even Leonis pets are all forgotten, living a life of pure neglect.
  • Reply 114 of 163
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders

Well history is nothing but burned bridges over running water.

Even Leonis pets are all forgotten, living a life of pure neglect.

Yes, there was the dog, and sometimes after the cat. I still ignore who was really the real people behind these pets. Perhaps it was really the pet of Leonis

Who knows
  • Reply 115 of 163
    On a additional note, we did not have more news of Eman's mom. I hope she is fine
  • Reply 116 of 163
    Quote:

Yes, there was the dog, and sometimes after the cat. I still ignore who was really the real people behind these pets. Perhaps it was really the pet of Leonis

Who knows

I think we know who they were...

I think its a sign of the times that when Leonis cute hamster logged in a week ago noone noticed at all...
  • Reply 117 of 163
    Listen everybody, Tonight Auld Timers Reunion Party - the first croft up the hill behind the pier when ye get off the boat. Tea and scones and gramophone records till midnicht.
  • Reply 118 of 163
    Quote:

On a additional note, we did not have more news of Eman's mom. I hope she is fine

Her too
  • Reply 119 of 163
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    Quote:

LOL Hahahahaha..

Jeeez, I had forgotten aboot that...

*sigh*

Hmm, reharding the photo album... thats a darn good question.

I guess Leonis buggered off with it when he went to dark side with the other pansies

Anyone feel like making a new one?
  • Reply 120 of 163
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    Quote:

I was waiting for that