ram prices...

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
just checked on the price of a GB of ram for a dual 2.0....is it really $200?! i forget how much i paid for a gig i bought almost a year ago but was thinking of upgrading to 2.5.

just wanted to see what other people are paying for their ram.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by macfly

just checked on the price of a GB of ram for a dual 2.0....is it really $200?! i forget how much i paid for a gig i bought almost a year ago but was thinking of upgrading to 2.5.

just wanted to see what other people are paying for their ram.

A cheaper alternative would be 2 512 sitcks, it takes up more slots, but the G5 has 8, so when the price of ram falls, up it again with another 1 gb stick...or you could buy from Apple
  • Reply 2 of 5
    macflymacfly Posts: 256member
    sorry, guess i assumed that it was 2x 512 since they have to be installed in pairs.

but is $200 about right or can it be found for cheper?
  • Reply 3 of 5
    mcqmcq Posts: 1,543member
    Quote:

Originally posted by macfly

sorry, guess i assumed that it was 2x 512 since they have to be installed in pairs.

but is $200 about right or can it be found for cheper?

For 2x512? Cheaper. Around $176 at Crucial, cheaper if you go with a different brand.

http://www.crucial.com/store/listpar...R%29&submit=Go
  • Reply 4 of 5
    2x512 Corsair (just as good if not better then Crucial) RAM from newegg for $149. Also FREE SHIPPING. I will gladly take a tip for helping save you $51 to go to my "G5 2.0Ghz Rev B needs more RAM fund"

oh and here's the link

Corsair RAM
  • Reply 5 of 5
    jessearljessearl Posts: 103member
    For $202, I just bought 1gb of Kingmax ram off of newegg.com, with free shipping, for my Powerbook G4.