ibook and scratches

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Haha I bet lots of ppl ask this but is there any way to make my ibook shiny again. its got some faint scratches on it and i was wondering if there's anyway to get them out. And does anybody know what kind of material the outer shell is made up of and are there any precautions to chemical usage on it(like polishes). thanks alot everybody

-Evan

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    As far as we all know you will just have to live with them. I assume if you try to buff them out that will only put more scratches in it. The outer shell is made out of ultratough polycarbonate ? the same material used in bulletproof glass.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    That is, ultratough UNTIL you lay a paperclip on it.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    I used one for about a month and had no problems with it getting dirty or scratched. What do people to do scratch them?
  • Reply 4 of 5
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Touch it, move it, open it, take it somewhere...
  • Reply 5 of 5
    [quote]Originally posted by rogue27:

<strong>I used one for about a month and had no problems with it getting dirty or scratched. What do people to do scratch them?</strong><hr></blockquote>

I bring mine iBook with me pretty often like tomorrow it is going with me to school but I am just that carefull with it that it won't get scratched. I only take it on the road with me in my Laptop bag unlike Apple shows kids putting them in their back packs but I take a little bit better care of mine than that.