are we harming our pets?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
we just got 3 kittens, so i've been trying to figure out which is the best canned to to get them and i come across this book called "Food Pets Die for: Shocking Facts About Pet Food"

Quote:

In this new and updated edition of Food Pets Die For, first published by NewSage Press in 1997, Martin once again goes behind the scenes of the commercial pet food industry. She uncovers the unsavory ingredients that can legally be used by commercial pet food companies, including euthanized cats and dogs, diseased and contaminated meat, moldy grains, and rancid fat. She also documents the ongoing animal experimentation funded by many major pet food companies in the name of nutritious pet food.

Ann Martin arms consumers with crucial information on how to read labels on pet food, and discern for themselves whether or not they want to feed their pets commercial food. Martin offers healthy alternatives for feeding animal companions with nutritious and easy-to-prepare recipes. For people who don?t have the time to cook, Martin provides information on several pet food companies that produce healthy, human-grade pet food. Martin builds a strong case for why our pets will live longer, healthier lives without commercial pet food.

Here's the bio

do you think this is right or is this lady full of it?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    I think it's right. But animals have a stronger digestive system than we do so who knows how bad it really is. They sure seem to like it. With cats i think it is very important that they not eat too much dry food and eat more of the wet canned food. They don't drink as often as dogs and people and get most of their moisture through their food like most predators do. That way you can protect them from urinary infections. Take into account salt content too.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    .. i thought this thread was about declawing.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Giaguara

.. i thought this thread was about declawing.

No, I will not allow that people declaw our favorite web panther !
  • Reply 4 of 6
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Powerdoc

No, I will not allow that people declaw our favorite web panther !

Shh .. careful when flirting to any female geeks in computer boards, if you don't know how free or unfree they are. You never know if my bf is a jealous AI .. or just AI .. or just jealous //
  • Reply 6 of 6
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Outsider

Some pets harm back!

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/09/09/sho....ap/index.html

i wish he had been killed.