iMac Advert - blooper

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
The new ad has a mistake:

while watching the ad over and over till the real thing arrives, i noticed this:

Wonder if Steve knows?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    rara Posts: 623member
  • Reply 2 of 14
    mimacmimac Posts: 872member
    someone's gonna be really pissed at this
  • Reply 3 of 14
    ionyzionyz Posts: 491member
    They already had to change it once.
    • imac_2004-intro_m480.mov - Wrong Title stated "iPod + iTunes" and its metadata linked to apple.com/ipod

• imac_g5-intro_m480.mov - Corrected, now titled "iMac G5 Introduction" and metadata points to apple.com/imac

The "pocekt" problem is still there. And yeah, don't think I'm a freak for looking so close Just downloaded MAGpie this week and plan on using this video as my first sample project.
  • Reply 4 of 14
    D'ho!
  • Reply 5 of 14
    idunnoidunno Posts: 645member
    Quote:

Originally posted by IonYz

They already had to change it once.imac_2004-intro_m480.mov - Wrong Title stated "iPod + iTunes" and its metadata linked to apple.com/ipod
    imac_g5-intro_m480.mov - Corrected, now titled "iMac G5 Introduction" and metadata points to apple.com/imac

The "pocekt" problem is still there. And yeah, don't think I'm a freak for looking so close Just downloaded MAGpie this week and plan on using this video as my first sample project.

Hmmmm what is MAGpie?

iDunno
  • Reply 6 of 14
    glenglen Posts: 32member
    I've watched the video a couple of times and every time they use the word pocket, it's spelt correctly. I downloaded the video from the link on the UK site, is there a different video in the US?
  • Reply 7 of 14
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by lucida

The new ad has a mistake:

while watching the ad over and over till the real thing arrives, i noticed this:

Wonder if Steve knows?

too much free time a'?
  • Reply 8 of 14
    rara Posts: 623member
    I just checked, same video... try to slow it down and go frame by frame because the mistake is only flashed for an instant.
  • Reply 9 of 14
    glenglen Posts: 32member
    My apologies - I see it now. It's only there for an instant, but it's there.

Heads will roll!
  • Reply 10 of 14
    Funny. But in actuality, it's not really an ad that will be presented on TV. It's much too long - TV ads run 30 or 60 seconds. I also think the TV ads will show the product more prominently, being shorter, rather then wasting time as this one does trying to be artsy-fartsy. ( I hope so, I should say.)
  • Reply 11 of 14
    m01etym01ety Posts: 278member
    Niec cathc!
  • Reply 12 of 14
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    It's fxied now.
  • Reply 13 of 14
    lucidalucida Posts: 104member
    Still the same on the medium and large movies, on the US site.
  • Reply 14 of 14
    ionyzionyz Posts: 491member
    Quote:

Originally posted by iDunno

Hmmmm what is MAGpie?

iDunno

MAGpie, the Media Access Generator, is captioning and audio description creation software. Their OS X version chocked on this video (MPEG-4 problems?). So I'll have to run it separately and enter timecode by hand, or use text-tracks or SMIL.