Siebel, Mercury Test Director and Outlook Web Access

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
These are the work apps I use from home ... why is this relevant?

Because after about a year of silently reading 'future hardware' posts I have now ordered a new imac (My first apple since my dad's apple IIe - 17", 1 Gb Ram, 256 Gb HD - I'm very excited ... I'm looking forward to finally creating DVDs with the videos I've been taking of the kids for a few years!)

That said - about the only work I do from home is checking email, using Siebel and using a product called Test Direcor from Mercury.

Has anyone tried these on Safari (or any other OS X web browser)? I tried searching the forums for these key words but no joy.

Cheers

Ken

PS - I should also say a big thank you to those who have kept me 'entertained' in the future HW posts!!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    I use OWA quite often, but unfortunately I've never heard of the other two.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by bunge

I use OWA quite often, but unfortunately I've never heard of the other two.

I can't get my OWA to work correctly on my mac. I consistently get error messages...
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by smatanovic

I can't get my OWA to work correctly on my mac. I consistently get error messages...

No problem here, although on the Mac it functions much like it does on a PC using a browser other than IE. In other words, you don't get the interactive pop-up windows when you click on a message or other such "integrations" that Microsoft set up for OWA with IE. But really it's no big deal.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    I thought Apple just recently switched to using Siebel themselves, but I can't find anything with Google so maybe I imagined it.

edit: Correction, it was Peoplesoft.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Firefox is cross platform and it supports a lot of IE only features. You should be able to use Firefox to use the products. Worst case, you can always buy Virtual PC from Microsoft and run Windows XP in a Window.

I use OWA with Safari with no issues. Peoplesoft works very well too.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by Auream

No problem here, although on the Mac it functions much like it does on a PC using a browser other than IE. In other words, you don't get the interactive pop-up windows when you click on a message or other such "integrations" that Microsoft set up for OWA with IE. But really it's no big deal.

What browser are you using?