Broken imac mouse

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Wow ... just like the old days. The white mouse that came with my imac a few months ago has begun behaving like the old one when it got fluffed up. Am I able to pull it apart and clean it or is it a gonner?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    how about warranty?
  • Reply 2 of 7
    I'm sure I can get it replaced .. I was just surprised that this happened with this type of mouse.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    I'm using optical mice for two years now. Even my first one (MS intellimouse optical) works perfectly for more than 7000 h beeing pushed over the mousepad.

Therefor I believe there is something ill with your mouses physics.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Make sure you have it on a surface that is good for an optical mouse. Shinny or plastic mouse pads don't work right. Try puting a pice off paper under your mouse and resett your mouse setting to the defaults.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    If it just went out suddenly I would call Apple. Both my keyboard & mouse crapped out (nothing inside them or spilled in them). I contacted Apple and they overnighted 2 pro mice and a pro keyboard.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Check the cord. I know on my iMac G3, the cord split inside the plastic outer coating. Had to get a new mouse.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    imudimud Posts: 140member
    Make shure there is nothing sticking to the bottom of it. Just a little bit of grime in the wrong spot can make it act up and respond strangely.