Personal Servers and Key Computing

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Okay I know this isn't Apple technology but consider what Apple could do with iSync and the title technologies.

For info look at:

Key Computing & Intel Personal Server Research

What if this was the extra feature wrapped into the iPod? I like the way I can use .mac to get at my links, contacts and files via the web just about anywhere but this does rely on a net connection (still not ubiquitous here in the UK especially some of the locations I work at). The iPod is nearly there but lacks security - one of the key features of X-Key.

Cheers

Owen

PS If our moderators feel this would be better posted elsewhere then be my guest...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,423member
    I don't see these concepts as being self containing. The Key Concept product and Intel Personal Server would be better suited as add ons for Blackberry or Palm devices.

The small size doesn't always work in a persons favor for security. It merely means it's that much easier to lose. I wouldn't want to see something like this in the iPod which is squarely aimed at consumers. It sounds nice but in practice I'm not sure it's going to yield much results.