Multifunction Printer Advice

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
After many months (on and off) trying to get our HP PSC 750 to operate easily with fast user switching, I'm ready to give up. I m looking for advice on a new AIO printer/flatbed scanner/copier (fax optional) . It must work well for multiple users using fast user switching. Thx in advance.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    I wasn't aware that some devices had trouble with fast user switching. What exactly is the problem?
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Will only print from the first user to log on. HP is aware of problem and has posted a 4 page fix but I have ried the "fix" twice and problem remains.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    The problem is that HP support is crap. My workplace has a one-year old scanner that is not Panther compatible. HP promised updates but it seems they gave up. They now post a workaround hack so that the scanner will have limited functionality in Panther.

I'd suggest that you look into Epson. I'm not sure if Epson AIOs are completely trouble-free but I'd at least attempt to stay away from HPs.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    i personally prefer HP to Epson. i've had way too many friends have problems with epsons. i had a few problems with my hp deskjet 842c when i updated to panther. the printer would refuse to actually print anything, it would just slide the paper through. i asked the guy at the apple store and looked at hp's site, and i couldn't get any help. i updated the OS on the computer and downloaded new drivers, and its worked fine since. so i would suggest simply waiting for another update from either hp or apple, and hopefully the problem will be fixed. otherwise, just print from your login name. sorry i can't be any more helpful