PC Knockoff Of New iMac G5?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
No way. This is silly.

A 17" PC to be sold only in Korea. Sure, it really looks like the iMac G5!

Separated at Birth? You Got to be kidding.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    Hardly a knockoff! The iMac G5 has just been introduced. Copying hardware and putting out a product, even one as underdesigned and inelegant as that PC, takes longer timen than that. Besides, the thought behind them may be somewhat similar, but the finished products are miles apart.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    Certainly it's not a knock off. The headlines for the original story implied that. So much for truth in "advertising". It is more Vaio-like then iMac. It does have a built in camera though. I suppose it would be considered somewhat interesting if it wasn't for the elegance of the new iMac.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    im sure its more than 2" thick as well!
  • Reply 4 of 7
    I say it is not a knockoff. The tough thing to say if it is that that company had an inside view of the imac G5 when it was delayed at WWDC. Clearly they didn't since apple is always up tight.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    If any one is copying here it is apple, ever seen the now defunked gateway profile series?
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Yea. The iMac is a knockoff.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Looking at the screen of the new iMac reminds me of what a Polaroid Spectra (now called Image) print looks like:

There's really not anything new, just the "execution" of the design. In this case the new iMac is very well done in my opinion.