What's the new iMac's code name?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Anybody know what the new iMac G5's code name was?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by Guartho

I thought I remembered 'Decor' being tossed around, or was that a hoax?
  • Reply 2 of 9
    Quote:

anything but 'decor'. what a dumb name.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    Spartacus was the internal name for the Twentieth Anniversary Macintosh (actually the 20th year of Apple).

Since this machine is more accurately the 20th Anniversary Mac...

I'm Spartacus... No, I'm Spartacus.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    Found this site. It was a bit of a let down actually.

http://www.apple-codenames.com/

My computers used to have cool codenames, Carl Segan (or should I say BHA--But Head Astronomer), Hacksaw, Lombard

Now my machines code names appear to be: P57, Q54 & Q41A

They just don't have the same flair to the codenames anymore.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    I've heard the codename is Little Boy. After some googling, it seems Little Boy was the first nuclear weapon used in warfare after the Trinity test in New Mexico's desert.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by Existence

I've heard the codename is Little Boy. After some googling, it seems Little Boy was the first nuclear weapon used in warfare after the Trinity test in New Mexico's desert.

That would tend to suggest the next model will be Fat Man (first Plutonium bomb) - Nagasaki.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    guarthoguartho Posts: 1,208member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Existence

I asked because I always call my G4 "My Quicksilver." I don't think it'll be the same if I manage to buy an iMac.... "Hey, I got a new Little Boy. I sure do love my new Little Boy," etc. etc. etc. It gets worse so I'll stop here.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Quote:

I asked because I always call my G4 "My Quicksilver." I don't think it'll be the same if I manage to buy an iMac.... "Hey, I got a new Little Boy. I sure do love my new Little Boy," etc. etc. etc. It gets worse so I'll stop here.

Around the water-cooler:

"Hey Mary, have you seen my Little Boy? It's very cute..."
  • Reply 9 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by Existence:

I've heard the codename is Little Boy.

I sincerely hope that Little Boy is NOT the codename for the new iMac. I don't think a tool for entertainment/work should be in any way associated with something that caused so much death and destruction during WW2 (even if it is just an in-house codename).