Looking for a good 2-button BT mouse?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Hi folks,

If you guys are looking for a good Bluetooth 2-button mouse with a scroll wheel, take a look at the Kensington:

http://www.kensington.com/html/5465.html

Works well and paired with my PowerBook straight out of the box without any additional software.

Just thought I would save others some of the pain, money and frustration I went through before I found this one.

BTW: This one is especially nice if you have large hands like me.

Cheers.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    I'm waiting for this one:

http://www.macmice.com/themousebt.html
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Why is it so hard for these companies to come out with rechargeable mice? As much as I'd love to shed some wires I can't bring myself to buy a device that's going to poop out AA batteries every few months.

Seems like Logitech is the only company that offers rechargeable mice, but those aren't BT.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Personally, I find the need to carry around a recharging base cumbersome.

I just invested in 4 rechargable batteries where 2 are always fresh and I can pop them in at a moments notice.

This option has worked best for me so far.

Cheers.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Ive bought the MS Intellimouse Explorer Wireless, after the first two weeks of use (then the batteries went dry) I got a Logitech MX 900 Bluetooth. I knew it was going to be a pain and expensive to buy new batteries every 1-2 weeks of full use.

Quite possibly the best wireless bt mouse in existance, 7 button mouse w/base station to recharge its rechargable batteries. If anyone is looking for a good wireless mouse thats the way to go, I highly recommend it.

Edit: PBG4Dude, yes they do the MX900 is wireless/bt, fully charge it, bt finds it, and wala

Shenkin, you dont have to carry around the base station, charge the mx900 and take it with you, when you return home/work or wherever you want to keep the base station let it sit all night and it'll be ready for a couple full days of use.

I dont work for logitech, I just love the mouse
  • Reply 5 of 5
    jaegermann,

Does OS X recognize all the buttons on the mouse? Only Windows is listed as being compatible with the MX-900.