New Halo AutoBan feature?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
We were at work playing a nice intense round of Blood Gulch LAN hosted on my PM G5 dual 1.8 and it was going great. We are all using the latest Halo update (1.05.1.3). One of the players had the flag and was inexplicably autobanned. I saw some sort of message pop up at the bottom of my screen, but I didn't notice it in time to read it. Something about a player being autobanned.

Well I have to say WTF?

In all these months of playing I have never seen anything like that. How can I turn it off? I've got no documentation that explains this feature and can't find it in any menus.

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    I read "AutoBahn" and thought they had added some cool racing features.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:

Originally posted by mmmpie

I read "AutoBahn" and thought they had added some cool racing features.

Yeah Kraftwerk would like that!

http://www.kraftwerk.com/

I found the answer. When starting Halo you get a steup window (hold command key when starting if you have previously dimissed this window). Click the "allow console" button. Then start up Halo and serve a game. Once in the game hit the ` (accent/tilde) key. This brings up a command line at the bottom. Hit "Tab" to see a selection of commands. Most commands are boolean and thus are turned on or off by typing a space and then a 1 or 0 after the string. I was able to unban our wayward player.