purchase advice-iTunes remote control?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Okay, I'm thinking of picking up AirTunes for my pb so I can stream music to the stereo. However, I would like the ability to change the playlist (play/pause/etc.) without having to lug the computer around, makes for a big remote control. Anyone have experience or recommendations for some type of remote for the powerbook that can play iTunes? It would be awesome if it played DVD's and adjusted computer sound level too. Not sure where to start looking, so thought I'd ask in here. I don't even know what to consider budget wise, I assume a couple hundred dollars for anything of quality? And it would be great if it was a remote that showed what's currently playing. So maybe that's more of a small tablet type deal, do they make that? But I am open to all ideas on this. Just don't want to have to constantly come back to the computer to adjust playlist, hit pause when the phone rings etc. Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    I use my Sony Ericsson T616 with Sailing Clicker and it does exactly what you are wanting and more.

http://homepage.mac.com/jonassalling/Shareware/Clicker/

It also displays current songs playing and info on the phone, and you can also browse your playlists through it. I would certainly recommend it.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:

Originally posted by Meeces

Okay, I'm thinking of picking up AirTunes for my pb so I can stream music to the stereo. However, I would like the ability to change the playlist (play/pause/etc.) without having to lug the computer around, makes for a big remote control. Anyone have experience or recommendations for some type of remote for the powerbook that can play iTunes? It would be awesome if it played DVD's and adjusted computer sound level too. Not sure where to start looking, so thought I'd ask in here. I don't even know what to consider budget wise, I assume a couple hundred dollars for anything of quality? And it would be great if it was a remote that showed what's currently playing. So maybe that's more of a small tablet type deal, do they make that? But I am open to all ideas on this. Just don't want to have to constantly come back to the computer to adjust playlist, hit pause when the phone rings etc. Thanks.

salling clicker for bluetooth phones, but the better and cheaper option is to use your pb as a remote--jsut keep it next to you. you bought a laptop for portability right?
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Okay, I know the pb is portable. I guess I want something that will change volume, say when I'm watching a movie because I wouldn't be watching with it right next to me then. Plus, I like the idea of walking around with a remote control. I'm not going to stick my computer next to the sink when doing dishes or on my pillow while in bed. So that focuses what I want better I guess. Something smaller than a 17" pb for a remote would be nice is all. Thanks.