Redemption in pie form

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
One of the things that sucks about Florida is that, aside from Miami, it's a cultural wasteland. We're talking wicked sprawl and day-and-night cities like you can't fathom. Moving on, in the Melbourne area, there's really nothing aside from mass-franchised stores and commercial monstrosities.

So I was pleased to find a real pizza restaurant, and it's actually near the house in Indialantic. Otherwise, all you have are your major chains, and if you're not into pizza, then you still are stuck with other major chains. Here's a word of advice: "Friday's" sucks. Don't go there. Ever. But this "Bizzaro's" is good. They make a mean 24" New York style pie. Not like the real deal, but it's close enough, and a lot cheaper. Plus, they imported asshole New Yorkers to work at the store. Authentic.

Ah well. No state tax and the fact that I live on the beach (when I'm not living in the office) do make up for most of the difference. I shouldn't complain too much, since in the end it's not much different than central Jersey. The next step is to find a place that can make Hoagies, because let me tell you, Florida has not figured that out.

I will finish this post with an observation: The all-you-can-eat "Mucho Luncho" at the "El Chico's" near the office is 6.99.

Comments