Keychain doesn't remember my login info!

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Keychain doesn't remember my login info! On my iMac it does without a hitch but not on the iBook! Any ideas as what can be wrong? It's like it's just inactive somehow. I can open the keychain app and some of the login info is there but probably just the ones I put in when it was brand new some months back.

Any help appreciated

Cheers, kelib

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    When you run the Keychain Access application located in the Utilities folder in the Applications folder, does the icon indicate that the Locked?

If so, Unlock it (it will prompt you for a password). Then keep the window open and try doing things like accessing websites that ask for passwords and such, you should see items added to it.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    kelibkelib Posts: 740member
    Quote:

Originally posted by JimDreamworx

When you run the Keychain Access application located in the Utilities folder in the Applications folder, does the icon indicate that the Locked?

If so, Unlock it (it will prompt you for a password). Then keep the window open and try doing things like accessing websites that ask for passwords and such, you should see items added to it.

doesn't happen! Wasn't even locked
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Works now I locked it, opened again and now it works. Thanks
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Stopped working AGAIN!!!
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Which keychain? system, login, or another one for a non-admin account?

You may have to play with the built-in ones keeping them unlocked - especially if you haven't created a second non-admin account.

Whatever you unlock, keep the Keychain Access application running so you can see where the items get added (or not), and that might help you figure out what's going on.

Good luck!