If you're hung like a chipmunk...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
...drive one of these.

That they would even make it shows how pathetic our society is becoming. People are going to buy these God-damned semi-trailers with a truck bed welded on, and the assholes at International are ready to cash in, no matter how unethical and backwards it is to make them. Fuck, why do we even have emissions laws if a citizen is allowed to buy something like this as a personal vehicle?

What's the point? Or maybe this is all about "driver safety". I mean in a T-bone collision, no way the driver of this truck is going to die. No sir. He might kill a half-dozen or so people in other cars at the scene, but he'll be A-OK!

America: we're great because we can do anything!

Hint for the obtuse: just because you CAN doesn't make it a good fucking idea!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 31
    Does this mean I should cancel my order?
  • Reply 2 of 31
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    If you actually placed one... yes. Go for the implant and a Ford Explorer. Much cheaper, and more places to park somewhere quiet with your lady friends.
  • Reply 3 of 31
    By what about the fine lines, the 6 tons of hauling power, the overhead compartment with drop-down DVD, an XM satellite premium radio system and a rear-mounted camera for increased visibility behind the vehicle.

How else will I be able to take the kids to school in safety?

• Reply 4 of 31
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    This is not new, this just happens to be the most interesting (and imho cool) designs ever, it is, or appears to be the same size as the FORD F-250, so it is 3 inches higher, so what? and the gas tank(s) placement and tail pipe treatment are to keep with the look of everything eles Inrernational makes, so if makeing a large luxury truck fit the look of your line is bad, then you better start ragging on everyone who buys an Escalade, a Land rover or a hummer h2.

As for testicals, I drive a pontiac...I have plenty...

(jk i like my car - and no OPRAH DIDN'T BUY IT!)

UPDATE:

WOW IT HAS JUST COME TO MY ATTENTION THAT FORD WILL BE PUTTING THE BIG FOOT MONSTER TRUCK INTO PRODUCTION FOR THE 2006 YEAR

The interior will include a 46 inch plasma TV and a directv with NFL SUNDAY TICKET will be standard...along with 4 10,000 watt woofers. so it gets one mile to the gallon, you can afford it, come on, do it for the children

• Reply 5 of 31
    Yuck, it's a diesel too.
  • Reply 6 of 31
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Moogs

What's the point? Or maybe this is all about "driver safety". I mean in a T-bone collision, no way the driver of this truck is going to die. No sir. He might kill a half-dozen or so people in other cars at the scene, but he'll be A-OK!

Keeping up with the Joneses:

Every driveway's gotta have the latest in single-seat transportation. Why take it to the lake when you can dredge one yourself?
  • Reply 7 of 31
    I had one of those, but I had problems getting my golf clubs into the boot. And forget about changing the tyres....
  • Reply 8 of 31
    This now beats the Porsche 4WD for the most stupid car award.

iDunno
  • Reply 9 of 31
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    I saw one of those going down I94 in Michigan about a month. Didn't know what it was until now.
  • Reply 10 of 31
    its great to know there's people out there who have the right to judge society based solely on people with different views of them and what they can make.
  • Reply 11 of 31
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    Quote:

Originally posted by kraig911

its great to know there's people out there who have the right to judge society based solely on people with different views of them and what they can make.

If there's such a thing as an absolute relativist position-- you've just taken it. Can't criticize anything-- ever-- for whatever reason. You're saying those people just have "different views" than you. Shouldn't that give you pause?
  • Reply 12 of 31
    gongon Posts: 2,437member
    Quote:

Originally posted by iDunno

This now beats the Porsche 4WD for the most stupid car award.

(nitpick mode on)

I presume you are talking about the Cayenne, not 911 Carrera 4S.

I don't even think the Cayennes are good contestants for the "stupid car award". They are firmly in the category of expensive toys that happen to double as a car.

The really stupid cars IMHO are the ones that lose to the competition in every regard. There are plenty such cars. (for an example, Hummer H2 vs Mercedes ML500, I suppose?)

There are, of course, much more stupid buyers who buy what they don't need and whose good sides they can't appreciate.
  • Reply 13 of 31
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ShawnJ

Every driveway's gotta have the latest in single-seat transportation. Why take it to the lake when you can dredge one yourself?

I'm waiting for iPod integration. Parallel parking will be a bitch though.
  • Reply 14 of 31
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gon

(nitpick mode on)

I presume you are talking about the Cayenne, not 911 Carrera 4S.

I don't even think the Cayennes are good contestants for the "stupid car award". They are firmly in the category of expensive toys that happen to double as a car.

The really stupid cars IMHO are the ones that lose to the competition in every regard. There are plenty such cars. (for an example, Hummer H2 vs Mercedes ML500, I suppose?)

There are, of course, much more stupid buyers who buy what they don't need and whose good sides they can't appreciate.

Yeah I'm talking about the Cayenne's.... everytime I see one I just think that it is the closest a car company has come to producing a road worthy missile.

iDunno
  • Reply 15 of 31
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    I think the Cayenne is stupid too.
  • Reply 16 of 31
    toweltowel Posts: 1,479member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

I think the Cayenne is stupid too.

I thought so at first, but's marketed as "the sports car your wife will let you buy", and for some reason that doesn't seem like such an obscure niche to me anymore. Must be the experience of watching friends' pregnant wives insisting that any new car have a backseat. A four-seat Porsche is better than no Porsche at all.
  • Reply 17 of 31
    Quote:

Yuck, it's a diesel too.

people like you continue the myths, modern diesels are clean smooth and efficient, in europe over 50% of new cars run on diesel. Why, save loads of $$ because of diesel's high MPG, and loads of torque. Why not in the USA? no low sulfer diesel at the pumps till 2006 (modern clean diesels need it), and the myth.

Boy, defending diesels is like defending macs.
  • Reply 18 of 31
    Dude, you are taking this WAY too far.

1) It's a real truck, not unlike the F550, F750, and the various offerings from GM.

2) There are thousands of industrial vehicles on the road today that carry stuff and fulfill various other utilitarian functions. As long as they have only 2 axles, they don't require CDL.

3) The fact that a CDL isn't required is a selling point because it means that you don't have to put your men through CDL licensing programs. That saves time, and that time can be used instead to haul several tons of C6 gravel to job site X.

4) these things are way too expensive for any sort of mainstream use.
  • Reply 19 of 31
    Quote:

Originally posted by ShawnJ

Imagine some chrome on that, spinners even. Why it would be like turbo fans from a jumbo jet.

I'm hoping the CXT is too expensive for mainstream use. We need smaller cars on the road, not larger ones. Keep going America, and the Explorer will look like a Focus in no time.
  • Reply 20 of 31
    gongon Posts: 2,437member
    Quote:

Originally posted by xterra48

people like you continue the myths, modern diesels are clean smooth and efficient, in europe over 50% of new cars run on diesel. Why, save loads of $$ because of diesel's high MPG, and loads of torque.

Not just money, but the environment. Quality modern engines, whether they are diesel or gasoline, have very very low emissions of everything - except CO2, whose amount directly depends on the amount of fuel consumed. Diesel engines consume less fuel, so they are better for the environment. Less oil needs to be drilled for the same effective amount of diesel, which in turn has its own environmental effects.