Best videogame ever

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Just a simple poll, trying to find out who is who.

The hurricane took my genesis.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 40
    faust9faust9 Posts: 1,335member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Splinemodel

Just a simple poll, trying to find out who is who.

The hurricane took my genesis.

Populous on the Amiga was and is the best ever.
  • Reply 2 of 40
    marcukmarcuk Posts: 4,442member
    Ghosts N Goblins for the commodore64 was the best game ever.
  • Reply 3 of 40
  • Reply 4 of 40
    For me its a toss-up between Super Techmo Bowl and Double Dragon...I used to play those non-stop...Well, I would stop to play the other...
  • Reply 5 of 40
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Bionic Commando for SNES and then later for GameBoy color. That game had some really innovative gameplay, especially the lack of jumping (you swung from objects from this metal telescoping arm instead)
  • Reply 6 of 40
    Quote:

Originally posted by MarcUK

Ghosts N Goblins for the commodore64 was the best game ever.

if you loved that then play Maximo on the ps2

its gng in 3d & its superb

Maximo : Ghosts to Glory
  • Reply 7 of 40
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

Bionic Commando for SNES and then later for GameBoy color. That game had some really innovative gameplay, especially the lack of jumping (you swung from objects from this metal telescoping arm instead)

The original Bionic Commando may have come out before you were born, for the 8bit Nintendo. I had it, and it was good, but NHL96 still beats it. The characters in NHL96 are also unable to jump. Plus, beating the Flyers 13-0, while injuring Lindros for multiple games, is better than killing Hitler with a bazooka.
  • Reply 8 of 40
    Hum.... ever? Ever ever?

Zelda SNES.
  • Reply 9 of 40
    I voted for Sega Hockey because it's my favorite home game. The best arcade game ever though is a really obscure one called Bomb Jack. Could make a quarter last for at least a half hour when I snuck into the bowling alley to avoid my duties as a cart boy at the supermarket.
  • Reply 10 of 40
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    You're the reason my door is dented, get back to work cart boy!

No Zelda option?

Ban thread. Delete user.
  • Reply 11 of 40
    Quote:

Originally posted by groverat

You're the reason my door is dented, get back to work cart boy!

No Zelda option?

Ban thread. Delete user.

There is a "not NHL96" option. Consider yourself lucky, since I was quite inclined to just manifest it as the greatest ever without even recognizing that people may have formed incorrect opinions.

Zelda is for wimps.
  • Reply 12 of 40
    Although its not something I actively think about playing when I was in college I had to wash my clothes at a laundrymat that had a Pac Man arcade game....I would never leave without spending all additional change on that damn game.

Gosts & Goblins comment made me smile too

I also had a huge addiction to playing Metroid on the old school NES, ok ok and gauntlet too.
  • Reply 13 of 40
    Ultima Underworld 2
  • Reply 14 of 40
    um, zelda SNES

and second is...*dum ba da da* chronotrigger SNES!!!!!
  • Reply 15 of 40
    Elite for the BBC Microcomputer. It rocks and it The Best Computer Game Ever.

It was a super cult thing in the UK. Probably still is.
  • Reply 16 of 40
  • Reply 17 of 40
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    I would play Zelda... but I'm over 10.

I'm going to go out on a limb and call this the greatest thread in the history of AppleInsider.

Actually, after reading your other thread yesterday, I played a few games on NHL '96 last night. I laughed. I cried. It was extraordinary.

Go Spline.

(for anyone confused, this is NOT sarcasm. yes, this goes against my normal posting style here. nhl '96 gives me priapism. and smileapism. really.)

• Reply 18 of 40
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Splinemodel

The original Bionic Commando may have come out before you were born, for the 8bit Nintendo. I had it, and it was good, but NHL96 still beats it. The characters in NHL96 are also unable to jump. Plus, beating the Flyers 13-0, while injuring Lindros for multiple games, is better than killing Hitler with a bazooka.

My point about the inability to jump was more of a plug not towards the limitations, but to the increased gameplay fun the bionic arm gave you.

And yes, it was probably well before I was born, if it was before February 1990.

Also, the GBC version had really satisfyingly lush and diverse environments. Sorry, but I like nice looking side-scrollers.
  • Reply 19 of 40
    Quote:

Originally posted by mattjohndrow

um, zelda SNES

and second is...*dum ba da da* chronotrigger SNES!!!!!

For stock story and graphics for it's age it's a *reeeeaallll close one between FF3 and ChronoTrigger. But I think I'll side with you. Zelda solid 1st, Chrono solid 2nd, (mayhaps FF3 3rd, mayhaps)
  • Reply 20 of 40
    ....still waiting for someone to say "Myst"....