"Where's my free iPod?!?"

rokrok
Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
"And why am I getting all this unwanted e-mail???"

okay, how stupid ARE some people. excerpted from various places, but let's use MacMinute:

Quote:

FreeiPods.com, one of several "customer acquisition" Web sites run by Gratis Internet, is being heavily criticized for spam e-mails, mishandled accounts and shipping delays. The company, however, says it is sending out more iPods than ever (4,000 so far) and blames Apple for manufacturing delays. The company also told Wired News that it will discontinue sending "marketing e-mails." To get a free iPod from the company, subscribers must sign up for various online offers and persuade five other people to join up as well.

It is my firm belief that anyone who signed up for this promotion and is either:

a.) surprised or

b.) angry

should IMMEDIATELY have their e-mail privileges revoked, and have a class-action restraining order on behalf of all of the SMART people onlne to keep these dullards off our computers. you realize, of course, that these are the nimrods who open attachments despite being told every third memo NOT to, enter their credit card numbers into unsecure sites, etc.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    banchobancho Posts: 1,517member
    Or they could be euthanized to clean the gene pool up a bit.

These same people are the ones you see at the mall filling in the free entry to win a car/vacation/whatever. They are terminally stupid and there is no cure.

The most alarming thing is that these people are allowed to vote and drive
  • Reply 2 of 2
    banchobancho Posts: 1,517member
    I wish I could delete double posts