Is there any mac software to run a small shop?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Nothing too complex, just invoices, P&L maybe, inventory, ideally with barcode scanner support.

Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    stoostoo Posts: 1,490member
    Edinburgh Bicycle runs their sales/inventory system on Macs (Bondi iMacs), so it might be worth asking them if you can find a contact. No idea what it is or who made it though.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    I'd look at some of the stuff the Filemaker developers have come up with. I was suprised that Filemaker could run most of the stuff we needed at one placed I worked at and that was like version 5
  • Reply 3 of 7
    YES.

My local dive shop runs thier business on Macs. http://www.mdaguam.com/

The server is a Cube, the cash registers are G4 iMacs.

I'm not sure what software they use, but I know it's running under OS9.

Maybe I'll remember to ask about it when I'm in there tomorrow.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    go to the nearest apple store and ask them what they use. Their registers are Macs.

Is Quickbook POS available for mac?
  • Reply 5 of 7
    jbljbl Posts: 555member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jwink3101

go to the nearest apple store and ask them what they use. Their registers are Macs.

Is Quickbook POS available for mac?

I believe the Apple Stores use proprietary software but that isn't a reason not to go there and ask what they recommend. Our local Apple Store was running "Pro Wednesdays" for a while where they supposedly taught you how to run a business using a Mac. Not being a business owner I never went, but you might ask them if they still have something like that.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    I plan on useing Quicken Premier Home & Business...on Virtual PC when I switch to a PB...
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Did you even try looking at versiontracker or google for the answers? A simple search for =macosx]"point of sale" or "mac point of sale" on the two gets you a good start.

PS.. url for that first one is http://www.versiontracker.com/php/se...nt+of+sale&plt[]=macosx

the bbs software doesn't like the []'s in the url.