Apple portable power adapter... $79!!??

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I just lost the power adapter for my AlBook 12", went on the Apple store website looking for a replacement, and found the "Extra Portable Power Adapter - 65W" which sells for $79 USD. Is this the same adapter as the one that came with my powerbook? How can this be so expensive? The website also mentions something about a colored status LED at the head of the adaptor... huh???

Comments appreciated,

Eric

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Quote:

Originally posted by giba

I just lost the power adapter for my AlBook 12", went on the Apple store website looking for a replacement, and found the "Extra Portable Power Adapter - 65W" which sells for $79 USD. Is this the same adapter as the one that came with my powerbook? How can this be so expensive? The website also mentions something about a colored status LED at the head of the adaptor... huh???

Comments appreciated,

Eric

yep thats right. almost 2 years ago when my connetor started flaking out i looked at buying a new one and it was 170$ CAN. anyways, i was able to get mine replaced on warranty. and then they sent me a yo-yo adapter by mistake (which worked but i didnt have an extension cord for it) so they told me to keep that one and then finally got me one of the white little bricks. lucky me.

The collar around the plug that goes into your powerbook should glow green when its fully charged and amber when it is charging... or its the other way around. thats how it was with my old icebook
  • Reply 2 of 2
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    I had to buy one ($100 used) and need to get another soon. I'll probably have to get a 3rd party adapter since they are still way too expensive.