Hurricane Saturday: Potpurri Thread

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
The big question I have in life right now is about the nature of Hurricanes. That is, why the hell do they always have to hit us on the weekends?

My house, a low-slung beachfront place, is getting the insulation on its roof put on. This is bad timing. So I'm living in the office right now, which didn't seem to suffer any damage or power outages during Frances, which hit us pretty much straight on.

So I'm in the office, taking breaks from putting together an animation on the process of wristband assembly. Not really my favorite part of the job. . . I much prefer working with injection molded plastics. I took the liberty to move a TV into the 'ol office, and Mark Hamill is putting on an unrivaled display of thespian talent right now.

He just said something about picking up some power converters. What a silly guy.

On another note, Veggie-Chicken-Patties are astoundingly good. The fake meat industry has really hit a new high.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    Whew. You had me there for a second.

"Hurricane Saturday!?

Not another one."
  • Reply 2 of 7
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
  • Reply 3 of 7
    I've seen that image before, many times. It's getting pretty old now.

I live in Brevard county, which is mostly Republican, although there is a disproportionate number of 3rd party voters here, including me.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Well soooory. Images travel slow eastward over the internet. I only discovered it today.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    No intent to snap, but when you live in Florida and have relative who don't, you get this kind of thing in the mail a lot.

Moving back to the original intent of the this potpurri thread, I will exclaim that today I have accomplished much: I finished the prototype antenna design while watching all three Star Wars movies. Now I'm working on the animation, and threw on The Royal Tennenbaums, which so far is a shit sandwich.

But Gwyneth Paltrow is hot. I don't know how that dork from Coldplay pulled it off. It's almost as bad as that guy from the Cars and Paulina, but I'm too young to know much about that. . . I usually draw the line at 30.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    In CA I don't have to deal with Hurricanes and Tropical Storms. Earthquakes are our poison. And we don't get time to evacuate.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by Splinemodel

No intent to snap, but when you live in Florida and have relative who don't, you get this kind of thing in the mail a lot.

Moving back to the original intent of the this potpurri thread, I will exclaim that today I have accomplished much: I finished the prototype antenna design while watching all three Star Wars movies. Now I'm working on the animation, and threw on The Royal Tennenbaums, which so far is a shit sandwich.

But Gwyneth Paltrow is hot. I don't know how that dork from Coldplay pulled it off. It's almost as bad as that guy from the Cars and Paulina, but I'm too young to know much about that. . . I usually draw the line at 30.

Bah!

The only thing I picked out of that post was your hatred for anything Royal Tennenbaum...