will Automator be able to crop and round my images?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Let's say I want to make all the images on a website a certain size and have rounded corners, could Automator do this? because if not, it is a piece of shit.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Can't you already do this with PhotoShops Actions or a Batch Processes?
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:

Originally posted by Nebagakid

Let's say I want to make all the images on a website a certain size and have rounded corners, could Automator do this? because if not, it is a piece of shit.

Automater won't do this by itself.. it is only a glue to put the actions of other programs together. Since the AppleScript ImageEvents suite already has both scaling and cropping code, there is a very good chance that these functions will be available.

As to the rounded corners, well there you are really using a mask (or simulating it by compositing), and the ImageEvents suite does not do that. There is a pretty good chance that someone will expose an Automater event that will do something like this, then the answer will be yes.

In the mean time, as Dr VanNostran has pointed out, you can already do this with PhotoShop batch processes, or AppleScript it into doing it.

PS... the smoker faces don't excuse calling it a piece of shit. It does not make it funny, or useful. It just makes you look like a child pouting because your problems are not solved for you.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    I was thinking it was funny, and I was not using the smokey faces as anything related to the post nor what I was saying. If you have looked at my past posts, you will see that they are somewhat of a signature for me.

I was trying to make a joke that simply because it does not do exactly what I want, it's other functions do not matter at all. So, really, in fact the words were for a humorous effect, while the smokeys had nothing to do with the joke.