Conan taking over The Tonight Show

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Quote:

NEW YORK (AP) -- NBC announced Monday that Conan O'Brien will take over from Jay Leno as host of the "Tonight" show. But he'll have time to write his jokes -- the planned succession won't happen until 2009.

The announcement solves a delicate

linky

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    yipee!!!!!!!
  • Reply 2 of 10
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    that's great......but.....will conan be funny as an old man? he lives off his goofy/young image....I'm not sure how well that will work when he's wrinkly and cranky.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Quote:

Originally posted by applenut

that's great......but.....will conan be funny as an old man? he lives off his goofy/young image....I'm not sure how well that will work when he's wrinkly and cranky.

Well he's no spring chicken now - he's 41. In 2009 he'll be 46 so if he takes beauty tips from Liz Taylor, he may not change much.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    Over the past several years he's tried to tone down the show, and it's still good, but during the "Masturbating Bear" days, it was just too funny. Coincidentally, I changed my signature a few days ago to a quote from a Conan segment. Maybe it was a moment of clairvoyance.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    Maybe Andy will come back and go for a ride with Conan behind the new desk...THAT would be nice. I just hope that Artie can keep hank from hounding Conan to let him do card tricks. Wait, wrong show.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    In the past three weeks, about 15 random strangers have told me that I look like Conan. Must be the haircut...
  • Reply 7 of 10
    Who will be his first guest? Lets discuss...
  • Reply 8 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by hardhead

Who will be his first guest? Lets discuss...

President Kerry, to celebrate his re-election.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Outsider

President Kerry, to celebrate his re-election.

now, there's comedy
  • Reply 10 of 10
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    I want Andy back damnit!!! So will it be Kevin Eubanks or The Max Weinberg 7? I like them both... \